BLADEFISH Sea Jets - A Completely Different Approach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't think you were hating. I thought your post was one of the most intelligent ones here. But there are definitely some haters attacking this device because of speed claims that are already disclaimed with an asterisk.
I wouldn't take the BF further than I could safely swim either. In fact before ever using them, my buddy and I discussed that very point.

For a recreational scooter these things rock. And I've never done a speed test because i dont care to know exactly how much faster I'm going. I know I'm moving faster and using much less energy - that equates to extended range and bottom time. I can kick 500 yards from a dive site back to shore if I had to, but that would pretty much suck. Or I can use the BF5000 and do it with ease.

We took these to Grand Cayman and dove all over the island from shore. You should have seen the look on the dive boat operators faces when we would pull up alongside their boat full of paying customers that was moored to a dive site buoy. Priceless. And the thing fit inside my suitcase. Need I say more?

I didn't think you were hating. I thought your post was one of the most intelligent ones here. But there are definitely some haters attacking this device because of speed claims that are already disclaimed with an asterisk.

I *HATE IT* when an asterisk is used to justify lying to the consumer.

Tobin

I wouldn't take the BF further than I could safely swim either. In fact before ever using them, my buddy and I discussed that very point.

For a recreational scooter these things rock. And I've never done a speed test because i dont care to know exactly how much faster I'm going. I know I'm moving faster and using much less energy - that equates to extended range and bottom time. I can kick 500 yards from a dive site back to shore if I had to, but that would pretty much suck. Or I can use the BF5000 and do it with ease.

We took these to Grand Cayman and dove all over the island from shore. You should have seen the look on the dive boat operators faces when we would pull up alongside their boat full of paying customers that was moored to a dive site buoy. Priceless. And the thing fit inside my suitcase. Need I say more?

I have to agree.

I have watched a few promo videos from a leading DPV manufacture site and was disappointed to see footage sped up to enhance their sales . The bubbles moving almost fast as the DPV is a dead giveaway . A good friend who owns a apollo and tekna has enjoyed the new bladefish while lobster diving in the keys . If one plays with the numbers and the other with the video that looks the same to me . You all have a nice day . regards Charles

I think the first video gets a nod for a future Darwin award. Love how the diver thinks a belly-strapped cylinder is going to get him out of the overhead along with his underpowered scooter which undoubtedly can get him and his camera-wielding buddy out of trouble.

X

Ya might want to do your homework before you go into auto hypercritical mode-I mean jeez give it a rest.

Somehow when I view this vid I see a sweet cave dive in crystal clear water. The scooter seems to have plenty of power and it's compact size actually seems a smart choice on this dive(somehow I'm not seeing the imminent peril regarding the diver's choice of scooter) maybe you'd like to take a $5000 Dive Xtras instead-your choice, but seeing Little Devil Spring at Ginnie(the title of the vid) is all of a 50 foot penetration with 50' max depth.......whatever.

So far on this thread, for 26 pages every negative comment has been made by people who have never used the BladeFish 5000-and somehow feel threatened by it's existence whereas all positive comments have been made by divers who have actually used it.

Ya might want to do your homework before you go into auto hypercritical mode-I mean jeez give it a rest.

Somehow when I view this vid I see a sweet cave dive in crystal clear water. The scooter seems to have plenty of power and it's compact size actually seems a smart choice on this dive(somehow I'm not seeing the imminent peril regarding the diver's choice of scooter) maybe you'd like to take a $5000 Dive Xtras instead-your choice, but seeing Little Devil Spring at Ginnie(the title of the vid) is all of a 50 foot penetration with 50' max depth.......whatever.

I can't see the pleasure in a video where some fool is diving (and probably not qualified in either cave, or scooter ) to be diving those environments. I've done Ginnie, and some of the nastiest, ugliest underwater mines anyone can imagine - I would not post some stupid video of a buddy, or myself diving with a weiner redundant bottle and some propeller-driven toy into an area which really requires specialized gear.

Most of all - knuckleheads like this sometimes die in these environments making others have to go and retrieve them at risk to themselves, while putting their loved ones in very bad straights.

At the day's end - the Bladefish is a open-water recreational tool. Not a scooter to use in a cave, or for serious work where lives depend on quality of gear.

X

Hi . I just got myself a Bladefish 5000 . I have only used it once and there is a clear oily substance coming from inside the Machine somewhere . Looks like it is coming from the centre drive shaft at the front . Does anyone know about this . Is it normal etc, I wont use it again untill i find out , incase i do some damege . Thank all roybargo

Back
Top Bottom