BLADEFISH Sea Jets - A Completely Different Approach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi . I just got myself a Bladefish 5000 . I have only used it once and there is a clear oily substance coming from inside the Machine somewhere . Looks like it is coming from the centre drive shaft at the front . Does anyone know about this . Is it normal etc, I wont use it again untill i find out , incase i do some damege . Thank all roybargo

I have used ours about 50 x and I never saw an oily substance

Hi. I sent an email concerning the oil leak to the company (BLADEFISF). I am hoping that they return with coment to my concern . I want to use it again , but do not want to extend any damage that it might have .
I gave it a good look ,and you can see were the oily substance is coming from . From the holding position you can see a silver shaft & nut (like an axle) . Inside were the blade rotates is were the oil is coming from . (out of the centre shaft) .
I am only new to Diving . I just got my Open Water Certificate . I am going to do my advance open water soon .
In this forum i saw that Bladefisherry had the same oil leak as me . If your still reading , did you find out anything . Or can anybody help with their knowledge of this machine . I am hoping that it is normal excess oil or something like that . Bye for now , roybargo.

I can't see the pleasure in a video where some fool is diving (and probably not qualified in either cave, or scooter ) to be diving those environments. I've done Ginnie, and some of the nastiest, ugliest underwater mines anyone can imagine - I would not post some stupid video of a buddy, or myself diving with a weiner redundant bottle and some propeller-driven toy into an area which really requires specialized gear.

Most of all - knuckleheads like this sometimes die in these environments making others have to go and retrieve them at risk to themselves, while putting their loved ones in very bad straights.

At the day's end - the Bladefish is a open-water recreational tool. Not a scooter to use in a cave, or for serious work where lives depend on quality of gear.

X
I have at least 50 dives on my BF 5000 and know it's a great scoot. Very reliable, Compact, powerful, simple etc. To minimize it as a propeller driven toy is just inaccurate. It's actually a very well engineered, innovative machine.

Anyway, if you've never used the BladeFish why do you hang here trolling the BaldeFish thread? There must be other threads that may benefit from your actual dive experiences.:wink:

I tried the BF5000 in Grand Cayman it was like holding on to a dinner tray I was not impressed with its power output or the way it handled.

DT

DT:
I tried the BF5000 in Grand Cayman it was like holding on to a dinner tray I was not impressed with its power output or the way it handled.

DT
When your current scooter is a 42" long, 60lb. Farrallon MK7 (I'm assuming that didn't fit in your carry on-lol) and you use a 6" long, 10 lb Bladefish 5000 that's like switching from an 18 wheeler to a Mini Cooper-there's an extreme difference in handling and performance.

Because the BladeFish has a very small footprint, small tweaks in the way you hold it make a huge difference in performance. Here's what I do:

1. Trigger: Don't use the tips of your thumbs on the triggers-move you thumb over the trigger about an inch so that your depressing the trigger in the area below the knuckle(this small adjustment makes a huge difference)

2. Holding the unit: To achieve highest efficiency and comfort you'll want to bend your elbows a bit, holding it a little beneath you-this takes a little practice then becomes second nature

There are several videos of this equipment in the race is very decepcionate florida and what you can do but for pools can be even funny ... I think

I have at least 50 dives on my BF 5000 and know it's a great scoot. Very reliable, Compact, powerful, simple etc. To minimize it as a propeller driven toy is just inaccurate. It's actually a very well engineered, innovative machine.

Anyway, if you've never used the BladeFish why do you hang here trolling the BaldeFish thread? There must be other threads that may benefit from your actual dive experiences.:wink:

I underlined the statement above which I find a little frightening. Near delusional. If anything I would stop eating lobstah's from anywhere near the Superfund site at Buzzards.

X

What scooter would be good for blowing sand? I was thinking of the Bladefish 3000...any thoughts? i dont want to spend alot of money.

If you're doing the wrecks off NJ/NY - bring a ping pong paddle. I've used Gavins/Makos to blow off the silt and sand. If you're diving off a charter - a lot of folks will be upset with you unless you are working an area that doesn't mess with general visibility.

X

I have my own boat and found a few old wooden wrecks with my sonar. Ive used the ping pong paddle trick in the past but with these wrecks i believe i will need to move more sand than that. I like the compact size of the bladefish but im not sure which one to get ( the 3000 or 5000)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom