BLADEFISH Sea Jets - A Completely Different Approach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same over here! We have to say we're pretty excited that we've received 10 (9 still available) of the the Bladfish 5000 today! We're very curious to hear from consumers after they've gotten a chance to play with them a bit, and see what everybody thinks! If they work even close to what the claims are, it'll be a truly exciting product what with it's size and convenience.

Same over here! We have to say we're pretty excited that we've received 10 (9 still available) of the the Bladfish 5000 today! We're very curious to hear from consumers after they've gotten a chance to play with them a bit, and see what everybody thinks! If they work even close to what the claims are, it'll be a truly exciting product what with it's size and convenience.

Ya no kidding.

I'll be very excited, a world where the laws of physics no longer apply should be thrilling.

Tobin

I don't need a scooter that will let me go for miles in a cave... Just one that will take me about 1000 ft from shore to a dive site and back, even if it's not fast. Can't wait for reviews!

We just spent the last couple of hours looking these things over. They seem to be very well built. I was a fairly large original retailer of the SeaDoo VS Supercharged, and I can tell you from first glance, this thing is MUCH better built. It feels solid, but is very light weight.

The two handles have flat metal thumb triggers. Both of them must be depressed for the BladeFish 5000 to go. The three speeds are selectable by simply lifting and then depressing either of the thumb triggers. As you repeat this process, it cycles through the three speeds, changing with each lift/depression of a trigger.

There is a small plastic "key" that is inserted in the rear of the scooter to "activate" the machine. Without this key, the unit will not run. It is charged by removing the "key" and inserting the charger cord. LED lights on the top of the machine tell you the condition of the battery both during charge and discharge. The "key" has two o-rings, and I am just guessing that it is bad news if you enter the water without the key in place. I don't know this for a fact, and I am waiting for information from the distributor about what happens if this compartment gets wet.

We already have all of this shipment sold, with the exception of two we are holding for photographs and demonstration. All of the 200 scooters distributed last week by Innovative were air-freighted in and have been sent to several dealers. It will be February before we receive our next shipment.

I think this product will likely be very popular with recreational divers. It seems to have the features that would be important to that market. I expect it will cause a disruption in the sales of the other inexpensive recreational propulsion devices.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

Last edited:
Anybody purchase it and test in the real world yet? I want to buy 2 but am waiting

I looked at the snorkeling video and can't see how useful they would be for diving? Seems more of an inconvenience as it requires two-handed operation at all times. However, it could be an interesting pool gadget.

X

We just spent the last couple of hours looking these things over. They seem to be very well built. I was a fairly large original retailer of the SeaDoo VS Supercharged, and I can tell you from first glance, this thing is MUCH better built. It feels solid, but is very light weight.

The two handles have flat metal thumb triggers. Both of them must be depressed for the BladeFish 5000 to go. The three speeds are selectable by simply lifting and then depressing either of the thumb triggers. As you repeat this process, it cycles through the three speeds, changing with each lift/depression of a trigger.

There is a small plastic "key" that is inserted in the rear of the scooter to "activate" the machine. Without this key, the unit will not run. It is charged by removing the "key" and inserting the charger cord. LED lights on the top of the machine tell you the condition of the battery both during charge and discharge. The "key" has two o-rings, and I am just guessing that it is bad news if you enter the water without the key in place. I don't know this for a fact, and I am waiting for information from the distributor about what happens if this compartment gets wet.

We already have all of this shipment sold, with the exception of two we are holding for photographs and demonstration. All of the 200 scooters distributed last week by Innovative were air-freighted in and have been sent to several dealers. It will be February before we receive our next shipment.

I think this product will likely be very popular with recreational divers. It seems to have the features that would be important to that market. I expect it will cause a disruption in the sales of the other inexpensive recreational propulsion devices.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

Phil,
Can you tell us a little bit about all the o-rings used on the unit? For example, as you previously mentioned, the mfr has control over all the sealing surfaces, BUT, there are o-rings sealing even the main part of the body.

Also - How do they seal where the motor penetrates the "arm" that drives the belt that runs prop? On the units I've observed, this was a weak point. Any water ingress into the arm that runs the prop will result in water leaking into the motor.

I looked at the snorkeling video and can't see how useful they would be for diving? Seems more of an inconvenience as it requires two-handed operation at all times. However, it could be an interesting pool gadget.

X

Nice, unbiased comment, thanks

Good diving, Craig

Seems more of an inconvenience as it requires two-handed operation at all times.

Like most recreational DPVs on the market?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom