Blowing Air Rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

On the bottom? O-ring I am suprised at you!
...the skill ain't that useful. I meant to say "lie on the platform"...
:wink:

I spend a lot of time blowing rings in the pool, times when I'm not doing anything but I need to stay on the bottom.

it only took a couple of times practicing

Best one's I've seen were in Coz. One of the DM's for Liquid Blue would do them at 90-100ft and the divers would swim through them. I can dio them but not as pretty as his....Bubble ring

Swim team geek here - green hair, the whole 9.

Sort of like the perfect towel whip - I can knock the tip off a cigarette with a towel whip.... you learn these dumb things when spending so much time in the water. And I guess so much time in a brightly colored speedo in front of a lot of other people.

I'm quite damaged, actually.

The trick for me with bubble rings is putting my tongue under my top lip a bit, and sort of popping (more a "B" sound than a "P" sound). I get great rings that way.

I need help.

K

It's really hard to describe. Tongue action helps me the most, sort of like spitting watermelon seeds!

Dee once bubbled...
Best one's I've seen were in Coz. One of the DM's for Liquid Blue would do them at 90-100ft and the divers would swim through them. I can dio them but not as pretty as his....Bubble ring

That's a great picture! Kind of looks like a giant condom!!!

Here's a friend of mine doing some..

album_see.php

Hey guys thanks a million.
Having great fun at that.
Been in the pool and cant wait to get into the open water!
Love the photos.

:)

All of the above...but the tongue action is important (sounds like some of my regular spam)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom