Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Went to the bridge for diving today. Arrived at 0845 for an 0946 high tide. Park had more people than I would expect for a 0946 high tide on a Monday. Entered the west side at 0825, sea temp was 72f, and visibility was a very hazy 20ft.

Covered a little more ground than I have been lately. Spent sometime in bryozoan and algae patches, but spent more time around the bridge pilings. Did a REEF survey of 57 species in 60 minutes. Of note was a Channel Flounder, and several Bumblebee Shrimp. The Bumblebee Shrimp and a few Tiger Gobies seemed to be having it out over a very small piece of territory. Unfortunately, they were obscured by the spines of a Long Spine Sea Urchin, so I could not get a good photograph of same. Forgot to load the batteries into the video light, so all images are with ambient light. With respect to the sting ray image, sometimes the low vis can work in favor of a wide angle shot. Respectively, Channel Flounder, Blue Eye Hermit Crabs ( I think), Octopus in a Bottle, Sheepshead Porgy, and Southern Stingray
03-11-2024 Channel FLounder.jpg
03-11-2024 Hermit Crab.jpg
03-11-2024 Octopus.jpg
03-11-2024 Sheepshead.jpg
03-11-2024 Southern Stingray.jpg

The water on the outside looks beautiful today, as does the weather. The forecast for the next couple of days looks very good. I would expect that now should be a good time to hit the bridge for a dunk & a look around at high tide, just based on local observations.

I’ve got to get back to BHB! My first (and only) trip in January was enough of a disorganized mess to mean I only got a tiny taste, but that taste and pictures and descriptions by @Pipehorse , @Scuba_Jenny and all you other enablers make me want to come back and try again!

🐸

I’ve got to get back to BHB! My first (and only) trip in January was enough of a disorganized mess to mean I only got a tiny taste, but that taste and pictures and descriptions by @Pipehorse , @Scuba_Jenny and all you other enablers make me want to come back and try again!

🐸

It never gets old! I've done 30+ dives there (trivial compared to many) and EVERY dive is different. You literally NEVER KNOW what you are going to see!!

^^^ Yep, the key is to keep the expectations low. Very low.

Nope.. expectations are kept low.
Sure, we all want to find the elusive ____________________ (insert animal you want to find), but the reality is that unless it's something super common like an urchin or generic goby, you might not find one. That goes for batfish, seahorses, spotted eagle rays, froggies, seaweed blennies, flounders, manatees, and all the other regulars...

What neighborhoods sort of close 2 bhb are nice for a 55 and over community(condos)
Thnx in advance

What neighborhoods sort of close 2 bhb are nice for a 55 and over community(condos)
Thnx in advance
Look on Singer Island, east of the bridge, town of Palm Beach Shores. If you want something more cost effective, then you need to define your limits of "nice" and "close"

Thnx in advance
There's a brand new huge condo tower that is being built at 211 Federal Hwy, Lake Park, FL 33403. You can walk across the street and get on a dive boat or your private boat plus see BHB from the tower. It's not done yet but it looks to be really sweet. I don't know the website, but that address is spot on.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom