Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was diving the bridge earlier and lost my dive light on the west side near the channel. Anyone happen to find a handheld 3 LED light?

I saw a pair of juvenile highhats too on Monday, these guys a little older I suspect. They seemed to have replaced the other punks, jackknife fish, I had been seeing.

Baby jack-knives (knifeses?) are so common for you that you can call them punks? Do I feel my chain being yanked? I *still* ain't never seen one of them cute little yellow critters. . . :(

Hi all - I haven't been on the board much lately because we have moved back to Chicago. Reading about the great diving when it's 9 degrees outside is just too painful. But, we're in town for a vacation and we're heading up to BHB to snorkel this afternoon (didn't feel like dragging the dive gear on the plane). If any of you are going to be there, maybe we can meet up and say hi (and you can point out where the seahorses and frogfish are hiding out this winter).

Little lancer dragonet

IMG_2662wa2a find the dragonet.jpg

Those little lancer dragonets can be hard to spot. This was a *particularly* small one that I just happened to notice on the computer monitor as I finally finish up with the pics from my last trip. Guess I'll need another fix, soon. Alas, another tennis tournament next weekend, though. . .

Heard 4-5' vis on the east side from tonight's tide. Any other reports? Tomorrow morning should be interesting as the bridge will be the only divable place in south florida. better get there early...

Baby jack-knives (knifeses?) are so common for you that you can call them punks? Do I feel my chain being yanked? I *still* ain't never seen one of them cute little yellow critters. . . :(

No disrespect to the little cuties intended, just referring to the mohawk-like dorsal fin. Love the juvenile spotted drums and highhats too; collective "punks." and no, not teasing you, saw the jackknife fish for the past two months reliably on the snorkel trail, Monday was the first time I missed them.

View attachment 149704

Those little lancer dragonets can be hard to spot. This was a *particularly* small one that I just happened to notice on the computer monitor as I finally finish up with the pics from my last trip. Guess I'll need another fix, soon. Alas, another tennis tournament next weekend, though. . .
is that him on the right, more towards the top?

4-5 is pretty close. Just finished dive. Notamy folks out there. Too early or forgot to set clocks ahead or just heard the viz repory
Had ome guy drop right down on top of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom