Blue Heron Solo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SWAMPY459

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Question:

Are there any site specific rules or regulations about solo diving at the blue heron bridge? Will the cops / lifeguards there say anything if you are alone?

As long as you have a dive flag and stay out of the swim area when you enter the water, no one will ask any questions of any kind including if you are diving without a buddy. I think the shops that sponsor night dives want you to have a buddy though.

Last edited:
I dived there solo a few times, never hassled. There are enough divers you can probably pick up a buddy if you want since they all tend to arrive about the same time due to tidal currents.

And if they do, tell em he pissed you off so you chained him to the bottom and left him there. Then smile and walk away. ;=)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

There's a sign at the bridge indicating Spare Air is forbidden, along with Force Fins and fire diving!:cool2: No mention of Self Reliant diving!

As stated earlier no one will notice and buddys are easy to find if needed. Get there 2 hours before hi tide or so to talk to folks and get some site advice, etc. Start out south of the beach--then as tidal current allows--to the east or west bridge. Stay out of the guarded and buoyed swim area and the boat channel and all is well.

Force E Riviera Beach just west of the bridge has a site map they give away along with tide tables. Pura Vida on the east side has tide tables too.

I have dove there quite a few times solo. You are not in the life guarded area, in fact, you are supposed to stay off of his/her beach I do recall. It is a pretty easy dive, nothing to it. Really, if you have a camera, you want to be solo.

N

Have fun.

Chug

Does it alone sometimes.

No problem. I even did it solo at night with no issues.

Solo is fine. When are you planning on going?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom