Blue Hole - Amigos Del Mar - Very Poor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only time they removed our fins for us was the day we surfaced on a drift dive to 8ft+ seas. The DM took them off when we got to the #2 spot on the tag line. I actually kind of appreciated it.

I would not appreciate that. Wow. That is service I do not want.

Just tell them so. It seems a ridiculous thing to get agitated about.

Heck, I live here and try to dive every other week or so, and I love having my BCD taken off boat side, prior to moving to the ladder.

Fortunately, Black Durgon Diving does small groups, so we're never backed up at the ladder and can take our own fins off...but I don't think I'd object to assistance, a forewarning would be appreciated though.

Try doing that up here on a NJ boat. Hilarity will ensue.

Try doing that up here on a NJ boat. Hilarity will ensue.

Remember the context, likewise down here in the Texas Flower Gardens, for example, one would definitely NOT want a DM fin-removal-service option (which doesn't exist anyway) due to the often 'sporty' seas/currents, but there are places like the BH in Belize where sea conditions are completely 'tame' (and currents non- existent) and there such a service is completely harmless/safe.

I like to be pampered. Take my fins off, take my bcd off, haul my gear on the boat, give me a neck massage while you’re at it! I’m on vacation.

It may also be something of a 'guy' thing, always want to be 'in control', even on vacation, plus long ingrained habits/styles of diving that make valet diving harder to yield to.

D2407BBC-070D-4075-A6AD-2CFF8731336E.jpeg
When the boat has a lift we get in fully kitted

Let's try to keep this in perspective, shall we. This discussion involves Belize diving and quirks thereof.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom