Blue Hole - Amigos Del Mar - Very Poor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Let's try to keep this in perspective, shall we. This discussion involves Belize diving and quirks thereof.

I will be contacting the Belize Tourist Board today about Amigos Del Mar's safety breaches and will report back what they say. This thread is about a dangerous operator who needs to be stopped from continuing their life threatening practices - not about the niceties of fin removal - thanks.

So apparently we're as passionate about dive guide fin removal as we are about safety practices at the Blue Hole. Who knew? lol

I believe one of the reasons they do it is they've found that it speeds up the process over all.

Not when it sends you into a panic over you thinking you lost a fin

How about if someone else does the dive for you too? Think of all the stress it’ll save?

In our case we were holding on the tag line waiting to hit the ladder, we knew the DM was taking the fins and he was immediately available to give them back if we lost our grip on the tag line. No big deal and I was happy to have both hands free to hang on to the bucking bronco ladder.

I know of a number of Great Lakes dive boats that have fin on ladders. It’s a center post with rungs. Up you go with your fins on. I can’t imagine having to take my fins off! I’ve only experienced fin on ladders.

You see Marie13. It's also about perspective.

I know of a number of Great Lakes dive boats that have fin on ladders. It’s a center post with rungs. Up you go with your fins on. I can’t imagine having to take my fins off! I’ve only experienced fin on ladders.

My experience is pretty much the complete opposite, I pretty much never encounter a 'fin on ladder', but I'm an open ocean diver, so I guess the generally accepted practices for ocean diving are somehow different.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom