Blue Springs "Deltona / Orange City"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Precisely why springs aren't my cup-o-tea: I've got zero interest in caves. :wink:

not true you have 0 tolerance for water below 80 degrees F. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I say the way you were shivering last week. created white caps in the boil!:11::rofl3:
Girl, you need to get some BIO-preme!:lotsalove: :rofl3::rofl3:

not true you have 0 tolerance for water below 80 degrees F. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I say the way you were shivering last week. created white caps in the boil!:11::rofl3:
Girl, you need to get some BIO-preme!:lotsalove: :rofl3::rofl3:
Can't make fun of her for that......anything below 80 degrees really does require a dry suit :wink:

Precisely why springs aren't my cup-o-tea: I've got zero interest in caves. :wink:
Hmm I have a feeling I could change that with enough influence!

Hmm I have a feeling I could change that with enough influence!

I rather doubt it. I sold my soul to the ocean a long time ago.
cheeky.gif
:mooner:

Hey, divers. Sunday it looked like somebody was in trouble for the flashlight rule. None of my biz on the particulars. The divers did not "look" like cavers the way they were equipped (yellow fins and shorty). The lawman was looking them over once they got out.

Anyhow, who ever you are, don't shine that light in my face.

Water conditions are improving and we had a good ride down the run. No manatees spotted.

Stu.

Anyone going this Sat?

Hey several of us are diving Blue Spr. tomorrow (5/3) meet at the gate at 8, don't be late!

Dive Report 5/3

Great day at Blue Springs! Scuba Steve, Bryan, and myself got into the water at 9 am; (we were dive group 1) and had the springs all to ourselves! Guess everyone else is in finals or getting salty.

I Crash dived to the sign (clearing my ears all the way) got buoyant, rolled over onto my back and looked up. I could see the leaves on the trees clearly when our bubbles weren't breaking the surface. There was almost 0 particulate in the flow and current seemed strong.
after about 30 min. we started working our way up to the logs for our safety stop, then had a great drift down stream.
we saw the typical wild life, mullet, armored catfish, perch/bream, and gar. the algae along the drift seems to be diminishing (probably because of swimmers/tubers kicking it clear).

Great to hear that the viz is FINALLY coming back! I need to chase down a cavern buddy and get in a dive there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom