Bluebuddy data logger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UFO8MyCow

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking at buying a new computer with better logging ability when I stumbled upon the bluebuddy on leisurpro and am curious from users what they think of it. Right now I am useing a basic single button puck computer that is fine for during the dive but sucks when it comes to logging dives so this looks ideal for me.

I did a search but most of what I find is from the mfg not users. I see that it has only been on the market for a few months which makes me wonder if it is really ready for "prime time" or if I should wait another year or so for bluebuddy 2.0.

Be sure that you have a compatible smart phone. I ordered a tech buddy through kickstarter. I assumed that the tech buddy would work with my blackberry - it doesn't. And they have no intention of supporting blackberry (at this time). The Divenav site lists the phones they support - mostly the latest Apple phones.

.... The Divenav site lists the phones they support - mostly the latest Apple phones.
We recently released the My bluebuddy for Android App that supports several brands / models / OS versions (including the official Android Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy library)

Alberto (aka eDiver)

---------- Post added October 2nd, 2013 at 04:11 PM ----------

.... I see that it has only been on the market for a few months .....
6 months.
We began shipping it in April.

After doing some more investigating my galaxy s4 isn't supported yet and I ended up getting a hell of a deal on a new wisdom 3 computer. I still may get the blue buddy when and if samsung ever gets there head out of there ass and releases jellybean on the s4.

After doing some more investigating my galaxy s4 isn't supported yet ......
Actually The Galaxy S4 IS supported. See release notes

divenav_bluebuddy_galaxy_s4_560.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom