Bohol / Panglao dive op recommendations? Need help picking a dive op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we're going to reserve at amorita ahead of time to be on the safe side. my wife really wanted to stay there. any reason to book dives ahead of time? or not really? i have been talking to a few dive ops there. haven't made any decisions who to go with yet. they are all helpful and have good reviews. seaquest, bohol fun divers etc...

no i don't think you can prebook dives. They post the dives they will be doing the day before and you sign up, no big deal. i haven't ever had a problem getting on a dive boat in Bohol. Best just to show up and check out the shops and choose the one you like.

Depends on where you want to stay. Amorita and Oasis book up for a part of the season.
Have been to the country on numerous occasions and only ONCE(Malapascau) had I been asked to pay in advance.

---------- Post added March 21st, 2013 at 01:53 PM ----------

we're going to reserve at amorita ahead of time to be on the safe side. my wife really wanted to stay there. any reason to book dives ahead of time? or not really? i have been talking to a few dive ops there. haven't made any decisions who to go with yet. they are all helpful and have good reviews. seaquest, bohol fun divers etc...
Some of the operators would be lucky to have any customers at all in low season!

yeah, but i think the month of May is not low season is it? It's mid summer there, I'd imagine there are a lot of divers at that time.
It doesn't matter, does it? But I would be very surprised if you find Alona Beach packed with divers in May.
As someone had already suggested, go around and see for yourself ie. dive operators. You will find eg. Sea-Explorers is more expensive than eg. Philippines Fun Diver or SeaQuest. By all means and try all of them and draw your own conclusion.

i can't wait to dive bohol... what's the weather there like right now? water temp? is the under current in balicasag something i should worry about this time of the year?

yeah, but i think the month of May is not low season is it? It's mid summer there, I'd imagine there are a lot of divers at that time.

No it isn't necessarily busy there. It's foreigners that do most of the diving. I've never had a problem diving Bohol with Philippine Fun divers that time of year. I usually go May or November because it is convenient for me, avoids high season, avoids typhoon season (mostly) and air fare is usually a little bit less expensive.

---------- Post added April 26th, 2013 at 01:21 AM ----------

yea about 1100 or 1200p per dive if you have your own equipment thats runs about $55 or $60 usd

Sorry you are off on the conversion. 1100 php with the exchange rate currently at about 41 php/US dollar give you $26-27 per dive with your own equipment.

Oops, reread your response post - yes for TWO dives with own equipment about $55 US.

Last edited:
I'm going there next week. So I can stay at Alona beach and still dive around Baliscag right? Is Oasis the only recommended place to stay?

--Pearlman

Back
Top Bottom