Bohol / Panglao dive op recommendations? Need help picking a dive op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going there next week. So I can stay at Alona beach and still dive around Baliscag right? Is Oasis the only recommended place to stay?

--Pearlman

i just came back from alona beach. i highly recommend diving with sierra madre dive ops. very professional and knowledgeable dive ops. regie and lester are awesome dive guides. i'll make a full on report sometime this week.

i just came back from alona beach. i highly recommend diving with sierra madre dive ops. very professional and knowledgeable dive ops. regie and lester are awesome dive guides. i'll make a full on report sometime this week.

agree! i squeezed in a few dives with sierra madre dive ops last march on my trip to cebu. pretty good op - very accommodating and friendly. their boat is very comfortable too specially since balicasag is about 30mins away from alona beach.

Hey guys,
I'll be coming to Cebu/bohol beginning october. I tried to find some info on where to go. So far seaquest and fun divers seem to keep popping up. Is there any recommendations for Maclan? I don't know if I will stay there for any length of time, but I'm arriving late in the evening so no ferries to bohol. I think there are some fancy korean and japanese resorts on Maclan, but I don't know what the diving is like there.
For sure I'll get to Bohol because i am with someone that refuses to dive, and I need to squeeze in a few non-dive activities for her...
I'm but a beginner with just over 10 dives on the counter, but I'm VERY eager, and I hope to at least double that if not more (I got 7 days of diving excluding any ferry transports).

My vote goes to Fun Divers - Great operation!

Reactions: jbb
Hey guys,
I'll be coming to Cebu/bohol beginning october. I tried to find some info on where to go. So far seaquest and fun divers seem to keep popping up. Is there any recommendations for Maclan? I don't know if I will stay there for any length of time, but I'm arriving late in the evening so no ferries to bohol. I think there are some fancy korean and japanese resorts on Maclan, but I don't know what the diving is like there.
For sure I'll get to Bohol because i am with someone that refuses to dive, and I need to squeeze in a few non-dive activities for her...
I'm but a beginner with just over 10 dives on the counter, but I'm VERY eager, and I hope to at least double that if not more (I got 7 days of diving excluding any ferry transports).

if you ever find your way to bohol - alona beach. i highly recommend sierra madre divers. they don't have much internet presence in SB but you can find them in facebook. my wife is also a beginner diver > 20 dives and she was very comfortable diving with them. they have regular dives to balicasag island and around the local area. very good dive op and the DM are very safety conscious. the dm i dove with was lester and regie, both are very good at what they do. never felt unsafe with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom