Bonaire Accomodations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SA,

I will be staying at buddys at the end of Nov. but as this is my first trip to bonaire I can not make any suggestions. Check out http://www.bonairetalk.com There is lots of good information there. Herman should be here any minute with more.

mike:D

Natasha (our travel godess) is putting together a trip for next fall (2002) to Bonnaire - check out this thread Bonnaire 2002 for a recommended place

Does my love for Bonaire show that bad??? Oh well, I have to admit it. We usally stay at Buddy Dive www.buddydive.com (2 years in a row and 3rd in the works...July 2002 if anyone wants to come along). 3 other places I can recommend (have either stayed there or visited the property) are Sanddollar, Lions dive and Capt Dons Habitat. All 4 of there resorts are very nice, have on site dive shops and resturants and are in a row next to one another. THey all have web sites, Buddies is just the only one I can remember off hand. The best deal I have found is at Buddy. The "Dive and Drive " package is hard to beat. You get a condo, rental truck, airport pickup, unlimited air and a really good buffet breakfast. Boat dives and Nitrox are extra, about $100 each. Please do come up on the Bonaire board, it's a lot like this one (add above). I will be happy to give specifics on places to eat and the like if you want, email me off the board.

Well,
Lump me in with Herman. My love for Bonaire is also deep.
Thanks DivingGal for the kind words.:)
When I was in Bonaire this year, I also went to all the properties and did what we travel agents/ travel goddesses do. We call it "Hotel inspections". Hey someone has to do it!
All the mentioned places are nice. However by far, none compare to the Plaza Resort. www.plazaresortbonaire.com
It's the only 6 star resort in Bonaire and it's the newest. The dive shop there called Toucan Diving is a Padi 5 star golden operator and was rated in the top ten dive shops in the Caribbean.
Anyway, you can't go too wrong no matter what you pick.
Bonaire has fantastic diving, and wonderful people to go with it.
Have fun!
:sunny:

I have stayed at the Divi Flamingo a number of times. Always satisfied with the dive operation. Very enthusiastic, friendly, informative. We stay right beside the dive shop and pool, so not much walking to the water. Food on Bonnaire is great. Good variety. Felt safe walking sown town at night. Close to town. No car needed unless you want to visit the donkeys around the island.
ALM Airlines is the pits. Hope they will get new carriers to this great place. luggage lost every time there.
Bob Hines
BOBHDIVER@AOL.COM
HTTP://WWW.NORTHERNOHIODIVING.COM

so easy...so beautiful...that's Bonaire.
I stayed at the Divi Falamingo-cause it was less expensive than the other places. I don't spend any time in my hotel room on a trip so I place a very low priority on that. What I do place a high priority on is diving. My wife and I dove off of the Divi dock and saw turtles, moray eel, baracudda. My favorite dive had to be "Oil Slick Leap"-way cool.
Bonaire doesn't have the big animals-but the diving is so easy that it's a joy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom