Bonaire, Cayman or Turks and Caicos - Need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On Grand Cayman everything is expensive. Most dive operators do 2 dives for $100

$100 is the minimum I usually have to pay for a 2 tank boat dive anywhere I have ever been diving. Maybe $90 was the cheapest, but most of the time $110, $120 whether in hawaii, mexico, australia, etc...

There's this place called Roatan...

Typical West End prices - from Coconut Tree Divers:

Price Per Tank:
USD 35 (+USD 5 for rental equipment)
10 dive package - USD 300

Have you been diving in Fernado de Noronha?

Yes, all your choices are very good.

Last edited:
There's this place called Roatan...

Typical West End prices - from Coconut Tree Divers:

Price Per Tank:
USD 35 (+USD 5 for rental equipment)
10 dive package - USD 300

I like Roatan, but the diving there doesn't compare to the Caymans in my opinion. There is alot less fish life and alot of algae and damage on the reefs. It is good diving, but not at the same level as the places asked about by the OP. There is also the matter of the jacked up airfares to fly there these days. I can remember getting $202 fares on TACA when they had Sol trying to compete. Now anything under $700 is a bargain.

I like Roatan, but the diving there doesn't compare to the Caymans in my opinion.
Agree 100%, I was just using that as an example that not all diving is 2/$100.

I should try to read up on comfort suites. But with no research at all I think diversteve was talking about a place called sunset suites. And the bar there has a the best burger in town.

I recently returned from a trip to Turks and Caicos. My wife and I dove with Caicos Adventures. I would definitely recommend them. Dives were all at West Caicos. Great wall diving. We saw sharks on every dive. Turtles and rays as well. We previously dove there 12 years ago. While Provo has become much more developed over the years, the diving is still excellent. It has been some time since we last dove in Bonaire or Caymans, so it is somewhat difficult for me to compare, but from my recollections (and notations from my log book :) I would probably go wth Provo as having the best diving.

I should try to read up on comfort suites. But with no research at all I think diversteve was talking about a place called sunset suites. And the bar there has a the best burger in town.
No, it's Comfort Suites: Welcome to Comfort Suites & Resort They're just a little up SMB on the right side - beach is across the street. Ambassador Divers is on-site there. Anything above a studio has a full kitchen, studios are a kitchenette.

There's also Sunshine Suites - Sunshine Suites Grand Cayman
or
Sunset House - Cayman Islands Scuba Diving Resort

I think you're probably thinking of Sunset House. My Bar at Sunset House Hotel - Jerked Chicken sandwich was tasty also...

---------- Post Merged at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Comfort Suites on Provo (T&C) is now called Ports of Call Resort - http://www.portsofcallresort.com/

Sunshine Grill is located in the middle of the Sunshine Suites complex (across the street from the Westin) and has insanely good burgers, fish tacos, etc. Really, all their food is good and reasonably priced (no small feat) -- we were back in GC in July and ate there three times. My Bar at Sunset House has very good curry and jerk dishes and a much better view.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom