Bonaire Coral Spawn - 07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zendiver1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Anyone interested in doing a trip to Bonaire for the Coral Spawn Sept 29-Oct 6? I have seen the Coral Spawn here in the Gulf and it is amazing to watch. I have quite a bit of video of it, but have heard that it is even better in Bonaire and Belize.

I have been talking with Liz (Golden Reef Inn) and she has offered some pretty good packages.

UPDATED:
Here's the package:

Accommodations 7 nights/8 days
Room Taxes
Daily Continental Breakfast (Gibi just started making omelets to order and we are getting one of those yummy waffle machines!)
Airport meet and greet
Airport transfers
Welcome Rum Punch Party with Free Snacks (we will do it probably Sunday night after all arrives)
A Nite Dive Beach BBQ (most likely at Oil Slick or your choice of sites) you will go for your night dive and come up to a ready to eat BBQ with Beer, wine, rum punch included.
Double cab pick up truck with CDW insurance and taxes.
Unlimited Air (NITROX available)

(NOTE: We will actually do Sept 29-30 to Oct 6-7, 2007. This will allow us to cover BOTH Continental Flights. People can arrive either on Sat or Sun through Continental. We will do the Dive/BBQ on a Wednesday night.

Also, the price is for 4 persons to a pickup... If someone wishes to have their own truck it can be done for an extra $150.00 over the package price. The trucks are 4 door and have plenty of room.)

Prices:
Studio (double occupancy) $625.00 pp
One bedroom (double occupancy) $670.00 pp
Quad price (4 persons in the villa and in the 2 bedroom: $495.00 pp

As of now, the airfare is going for around $550.00 RT out of Newark and $600.00 out of IAH. I checked into American but the price from Miami to Cur then to Bonaire right now is almost $800.00

More discussions can be found here: Bonaire Coral Spawn
Videos from previous trip (March 07) can be found here: Bonaire Videos

How much is Nitrox?
Are any boat dives included, and how much are extra boat dives?
Can you place a single diver in a quad?

Nitrox is an extra $50 for the whole trip. There are not any boat dives for this package as most of the boat diving sites are the same sites that you shore dive from anyways. The best thing about the diving in Bonaire is that there is NO time schedule. You grab tanks, find the dive site you want to dive next and go to it and get in....

As for the single diver in a quad room - are you talking about having just one person take the WHOLE Quad room? If not, then yes, we need 4 people per Quad Room.

John,
I can't update the main post, so I am posting the updated information here.

Here is the final updated pricing for the trip:
Studio (double occupancy) $599.00 pp
One bedroom (double occupancy) $645.00 pp
Quad price (4 persons in the villa and in the 2 bedroom: $450.00 pp
Nitrox for the week: $40.00

All of the rest of the new information is a click away in my signature.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom