Trip Report Bonaire - December 24 - December 31 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have never seen the sign you are referring to. If I had seen it, I would respect it. I have done at least 30 or more dives from Captain Don's. Both north and south. Nobody has ever said a thing to me. I just walk down to the pier and either giant stride in or take the stairs. I also have had my fair share of pizza at Rum Runners and have never spent a night at Captain Don's.
That is exactly my experience!!!

This is another reason that I usually buy my shore diving package from Buddies........even though we usually stay in a villa a couple miles north in Sabadeco. This gives me access to their dock and I really like the whole dive site from Bari all the way to North of Capt Dons. Great for "dusky" and night dives!

Plus I just really like the self serve nitrox drive through at Buddies and even from their dock it's still an easy swim over to Capt Dons... On a typical day we wake up, head to Buddies and pay for their kick ass buffet breakfast and then swap out tanks at the drive through for the days diving..... Headed back there in 3 months for 9 nights from April 28 to May 8....

Another reason I was asking is because there are other sites which are house reefs to other resorts, and I was under the impression that the resorts don't like non-paying guests to use their facilities (i.e. Small Wall / Black Durgon Inn).
If there are sites which don't mind, I would love to know which are non-guest friendly.
I do not have an extensive list, but here are a few resorts that I am aware of their policies:
1. Black Durgon: Dive site (from land) only available to people staying there.
2. Den Laman/Sand Dollar pier: Only to be used if staying at Den Laman or Sand Dollar.
3. Delfin's Beach Resort: Dive site is available to anyone.
4. Buddy Dive: I am honestly not sure of their policy, but would like to know if someone else knows. I have dived from there though, as I did not see anything posted.

2. Den Laman/Sand Dollar pier: Only to be used if staying at Den Laman or Sand Dollar.

In all fairness, DFB keep tanks on the pier for their customers so they have an excuse.

Plus there's public parking/beach just left of Den Laman, there's no need to go through anybody's walled garden to dive the site.

It was fine in June

I do not have an extensive list, but here are a few resorts that I am aware of their policies:
1. Black Durgon: Dive site (from land) only available to people staying there.
3. Delfin's Beach Resort: Dive site is available to anyone.
4. Buddy Dive: I am honestly not sure of their policy, but would like to know if someone else knows. I have dived from there though, as I did not see anything posted.
We should put a list together, maybe start a thread on it? Knowing Capt Don's policy and hearing about a few others, I just assumed all house reefs were off limits. If they aren't, I want to dive them :)

This is another reason that I usually buy my shore diving package from Buddies........even though we usually stay in a villa a couple miles north in Sabadeco. This gives me access to their dock and I really like the whole dive site from Bari all the way to North of Capt Dons. Great for "dusky" and night dives!

Plus I just really like the self serve nitrox drive through at Buddies and even from their dock it's still an easy swim over to Capt Dons... On a typical day we wake up, head to Buddies and pay for their kick ass buffet breakfast and then swap out tanks at the drive through for the days diving..... Headed back there in 3 months for 9 nights from April 28 to May 8....
How much is their shore diving package and what does it include?

We're doing AB Dive in April and it's about $150 for "unlimited" nitrox tanks. Between the dive package and the truck rental, there was a discount in there somewhere.

How much is their shore diving package and what does it include?

We're doing AB Dive in April and it's about $150 for "unlimited" nitrox tanks. Between the dive package and the truck rental, there was a discount in there somewhere.
AB is a good choice and value. I have found their trucks to be reliable and have rented them on a few occasions. They pick you up at the airport and transport you to the rental center to get your vehicle. Depending on how many other people they are also picking up, you may need to have some patience and plan on a bit of time to actually get your vehicle once at the rental center. I have never used them for tanks, as I prefer the convenience of Dive Friends and the multiple locations across the island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom