Bonaire diving and snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As mentioned in previous posts there is a lot of nice coral to see shallow. At 1000 Steps there are a number of large stag horn coral colonies. South of the beach a 100 yards or so is an immense one. There is a site called the Garden (called soft coral garden in the BSDME book) that is not to be missed by snorkelers or divers. There is a yellow rock sign marking it just past Margate Bay. The easiest entry is a small beach tucked in behind a bush/tree just a bit north of the primary parking area. You can drive pretty close to this spot. Enjoy!

Hi,

I forgot to thank you for the answer - sorry! The pictures are very nice, I look forward to be there

I was in Bonaire for the first time at the end of June, first week of July. It was very windy most days, but the visibility was still better than I have ever seen in the Florida Keys. You see a lot of regrowth in the corals on the west side shallows. Here is a link to some of the photos I took that week: Bonaire Reef Gallery 1. (also at Bonaire Reef Gallery 1 (same pics)).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom