Bonaire, the good, and the not so good.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What? Not getting good enough under water coverage?

It's a vacation! Relax. Unplug. Detach.

You may find one of these useful? Tech Timeout - Presented by Foresters

Going on vacation doesn't necessarily mean disconnecting from the rest of the world. If we had to do that we'd never be able to enjoy 2 and 3 week dive trips. Some of us use the internet to stay in touch with friends and family at home and keep up with events via news sites etc. No connectivity = no relaxation.

I think I would have titled the thread "Sanddollar and Budget truck rental - the good the not so good". Boniare had nothing to do with your choices of accomodations and vehicle rental. Personally I've always used CoCo Palm Garden for my stay and they arrainge my vehicle & air package. It's always been very much more than satisfactory.

Hmmm... I stayed at Carib Inn and had Internet in my room. I do need good connection when I'm traveling (and have gotten it at a number of budget places around the world). Didn't bother renting a truck as I was fine with boat dives... walked everywhere I needed to go. Diving was great... that's what I came for.

Kharon said:
Boniare had nothing to do with your choices of accomodations and vehicle rental.
Never said it did.:D That would be my GF.

Point being, you can have a good or bad experience no matter what you choose. The interesting part is how you handle it. :wink:

We had a blast.......

Never said it did.:D That would be my GF.

Point being, you can have a good or bad experience no matter what you choose. The interesting part is how you handle it. :wink:

We had a blast.......

Glad you had a blast but I would disagree - your good or bad experience depends on what you/your GF chose. Blaming Bonaire (in the title of your post) for your choices is unfair. Had you chosen better/differently you would have had a different experience.

No one is blaming Bonaire, no one is unfair, sorry if I find your drama a bit much......... :eek:hbrother:
It's a trip review, nothing more....... :sulkoff:

Disagree all you want, youre still wrong..... :banghead:

I'm also just back from staying at Sanddollar for 2 weeks and it's a great quiet place to stay. We also had no wifi for 2 days the first week. Talked to the front office people about the problem and had no issues after it was fixed. It worked very well with laptops but not as good with tablets. Apparently they are getting fiber optics? in the near future so I'm looking forward to that. I always request a newer upgraded/renovated unit (ie. F11-studio; C11-1bedroom, etc.)

darook - can you please provide a trip review of your experience with Bamboo Bali when you return? We will be there in May and was wondering about others experience.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom