Bonaire, the good, and the not so good.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will do. Leave for BBB in 33 hours, but who is counting?:wink:

---------- Post added December 3rd, 2014 at 07:34 PM ----------

Jen I have a question. Did the rooms have blenders for making smoothies and the like?

Sooooo jealous, you will have the best time!

I don't remember a blender in our cottage, but you should email Sebastian, if it's not in the room already he might be able to hook you up!

Okay, I have been holding back,, but today is the day I do not.
We have a home in Perla Boneriano, there are 7 individual homes there and we all have the highest internet speed on the island individulaized for each home - accomodates ipads, iphones, laptops etc. Each home has their own so as there is no interferrance.
We are set up for divers, we are not on the water, we are located across from Eddy's restaurant, we are gated and all have 2 master bedrooms with private baths and a guest bath with outside shower too, except for 2 units are one bedrooms. I forgot, we even have a nice central pool, which led lights that change color all night long.
we all have dip tanks to rinse gear, drying rods, and we have a secure gate to park the truck in.
I personally have a private dive locker next to my dip tank, the others have storage areas,,, I think Eric stayed at my villa, not sure.... But all of them are reasonably priced and if you want
to dive dive dive dive dive , we are the place for you. Bring on your groups as we are set up for that - up to 42 divers. Just dont expect ocean front, but DO expect exceptional accomodations with BEST INTERNET per home. Happy hour at Spice is a walk in the bonaire breeze!!
Just my two cents.
dee
(grumpy tonight) must be the 50 degree weather.

diverjen -
Thanks for the trip report. I am going to print it out so we have your food recommendations when we go. We bought the whole package from Bamboo Bali - the cottage, six days unlimited air, six days of boat diving (1-tank dive) and truck rental. They were very helpful when I emailed them. We are staying in a standard cottage - Java. Sebastian said it was set back from the others thus being the quietest - which my hubby will appreciate it.

We have never dived without a guide so we are a little worried about that part of the trip. I am hoping we will meet some other divers and can tag along with them. We will be there a little earlier than you guys, hopefully we won't have strong winds - we are going from May 9-16.

Thanks again,
cruzbound

No need to worry about the winds. More wind=less mosquitoes. The rough stuff is on the East side. On the West side most sites are not affect much at all by it. Most do the sites are very simple to navigate. If you can navigate a pool you can navigate these. I had the same concern the first time we came here. You will leave here a better and more confident diver knowing you don't need a DM to lead you. Once you understand that you will really understand the appeal of the island.

We have never dived without a guide so we are a little worried about that part of the trip. I am hoping we will meet some other divers and can tag along with them.
One of the benefits of Bonaire (like some live aboards) is the ability to have a dive site all to yourself. It's mine, go away! Stop looking at my fish!

After all, there is nothing worse than getting there second and seeing "used" fish.

Bonaire is an excellent place for a buddy pair to start diving by yourself due to the extremely simple navigation requirements and general lack of currents. The very low currents generally mean the same dive site can be dived in either direction. The simple terrain means it is always easy to figure out which direction the shore is.

It is also a great place to learn to swim slow and look for the small things in the shallow water.

After all, there is nothing worse than getting there second and seeing "used" fish.

It is also a great place to learn to swim slow and look for the small things in the shallow water.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHHA,,, there is nothing worse than seeing us"used" fish...... You are too funny!!! And Oh My Gosh,,,,,,, if someone is already in the water,, you know they have chased every fish, turtle, eel down or up the reef!! hahahahahah

More used fish.........:D

Attachments

• IMG_2417.jpg
    IMG_2417.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2400.jpg
    IMG_2400.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2365.jpg
    IMG_2365.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6376.jpg
    IMG_6376.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6382.jpg
    IMG_6382.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6452.jpg
    IMG_6452.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 58
that great big fish in pic 6 really looks well-used...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom