Bonaire trip report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those are so cool. I love watching their behavior. Sometimes I'll just stay in the same spot over the entire dive and watch them. I'm often left wondering what hey are doing. In your pic, it almost likes like they are trying to eat one another.

Here's a shot I took of the reef coming to life early one morning.
Picasa Web Albums - Fred - Bonaire Octob...

Thanks for the report. It sounds like you had a great time.

The UW pics are great. I especially like the filefish - watching them change colour and move that file is fascinating.

Did you dive Bari from Buddy's or were you able to access it through BDA/Den Laman?

The flounders are fun to watch change colors too, as they change locations.
This trip I did all of my Bari reef entries from Buddy's docks, just because it is easiest for the new divers. In Jan several times we entered Bari just south (inches south!) of the Den Lamen property line, to avoid them telling us we aren't supposed to use their facilities if we aren't renting there. You park closer to the water that way, and cut into DL's small beach for the entry right behind their beachfront condo.
Locals told me just to walk threw Den Lamen and ignore the signs, as Bonaire reef sites are not private, and are open to all. I'd rather avoid direct conflict and just get around them by subverting any silly rules and signs! Don't want to waste my dive time arguing with small minds.

Thanks for posting Jim..Know what you mean about the changing of the guard. And I must confess, I very much enjoy the occasional solo dives and being at one with the underwater environment.
4 days till we leave for two weeks. Funny but the thrill is NEVER gone.

In Jan several times we entered Bari just south (inches south!) of the Den Lamen property line, to avoid them telling us we aren't supposed to use their facilities if we aren't renting there.

Thanks for the tip, I know exactly where you are talking about.

The flounder are very cool. I have video of one changing colours several times as it swims over various structures.

Those are so cool. I love watching their behavior. Sometimes I'll just stay in the same spot over the entire dive and watch them. I'm often left wondering what hey are doing. In your pic, it almost likes like they are trying to eat one another.

Here's a shot I took of the reef coming to life early one morning.
Picasa Web Albums - Fred - Bonaire Octob...

Nice pic. Captures that, just breaking day feeling!
Got some other good pics there too, WW. What are your first two pics in the series of, anyway? Some sort of vents, or a spawning?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom