Bonaire ~Two Weeks of Sweet Dreams…

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bonairefans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Oct 01-15

One might think that after 50 dives, it would be easy to start wrapping up the trip…not so.

The conditions at the southern sites were near-ideal. Water temp was 81 degrees, and currents were non-existent on most days.

If two weeks could be compressed into a single time and place, it would be Sweet Dreams on 11 October. We spent 4 hours underwater, having one of our best Bonaire diving experiences to date. With jaw-dropping visibility, the illuminated reef was indeed the stuff of sweet dreams.

Regarding last autumn’s coral bleaching event…we were here last Oct/Nov and were shocked at the speed and extent that the reef was turning white as the temp hovered at 86 degrees. We were so relieved to see that most of the reef has recovered.

Diving Bonaire’s “Sweet Dreams”

[video=youtube;np4bUMYITvM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np4bUMYITvM[/video]

Beautiful! Makes me want to be there again right now... Thanks for sharing!

I have seen many videos and pics of Bonaire, but your's is by far the best. Thank you so much for sharing this magnificent video for
all us Bonaire Lovers to enjoy. I've been diving Bonaire for 4 years now, got certified there and there is no place else that me and my
b.f. care to go to. The beauty is amazing and we're heading back Dec 23 thru Jan 7. My 1st dive will be Sweet Dreams. Thanks again for
the great video and sound. Barb from NJ

Enjoyed your video. My buddy & I went with our old instructor & a small group to Bonaire in Oct. 2010. The weather was really atypical, and it was calm at the southern tip for awhile, so we shore dove close to where you did (more on the southern tip, a bit west of the light house). It was a beautiful, lush reef with good sea life (I saw a fairly large grouper or two, which is unusual for me in Bonaire). It was such a great dive we went back twice.

2 Dives there later weren't nearly as good. On one, we swam into the current heading west, turned around to come back, & the current changed direction, too, so we swam into the current both going & coming.

I point all this out simply because Sweet Dreams is one of the pretty far southern sites, and I assume subject to more current than many of Bonaire's popular sites.

But if you catch it right, when the current's not kicked, the southern tip does indeed have some sweet diving.

Richard.

Amazing

You should send that video to the Bonaire Tourism people. I think it would "sell" any divers on-the-fence in choosing Bonaire or another destination.

Great Video!

What a great video! The thing that torques me the most while watching it though is that my wife and step-son are going to Bonaire in two weeks.......without me! I get to stay home and work so that they can dive Sweet Dreams. Doesn't that just piss you off??? :no:

Back
Top Bottom