Bonaire water temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakay

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can anyone please tell me the water temperature in Bonaire this week?

I need to make sure I take the right wetsuit.

Thanks

Awesome. Thanks so much.

I will tell you tomorrow!

Ray,

You should be fine with 3 mil...

Liz

Take caution on this advise: 4 of us were there 2 weeks ago & indeed 81 was the average. One 60 minute dive, maybe just 3 ml, but by day two, & doing 3 dives @ 60 to 75 minute dives, we were all glad we were wearing either 5 ml or 3 ml w/ a 3 ml hooded vest under. It's a lot easier dealing w/ being a bit warm than cold.

Have to agree with MN Lakeman, take caution. Was in Bonaire 2 weeks ago and I was fine in my 3mm for the first 2-3 dives, but when we did a 4th and 5th dive later in the day I started to chill. Would have been nice to have the 5mm with me. Being from Phoenix, AZ probably has a bit to do with me chilling in 81 degree water.

Have a good time.

E

Have to agree with MN Lakeman, take caution. Was in Bonaire 2 weeks ago and I was fine in my 3mm for the first 2-3 dives, but when we did a 4th and 5th dive later in the day I started to chill. Would have been nice to have the 5mm with me. Being from Phoenix, AZ probably has a bit to do with me chilling in 81 degree water.

Have a good time.

E

I don't think Phoenix has much of anything to do with it. Staying under water 3-4+ hrs a day just drains the core for many. I am from above the Arctic Circle originally, and I could post a picture from last week that shows me wearing three layers of exposure protection AND a hood... Really pathetic when on Bonaire... :D I gotta get a better ONE suit that does the job for me...

The second week of January it was 80F at surface and 78F at depth. I used my 3 mm suit with a beane. A lot of divers in our group also used a hooded vest. Most divers got cold on the 3rd or 4th dive during the day. We had crew members on a few boat dives that got cold on every dive. Also, some of the smaller built women wore 5 mm. :D All dives lasted 60 minutes or longer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom