Bonaire with Sunwing.ca - the good, the bad.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im heading to bonaire solo on march 4, staying at eden and diving with wannadive, hoping to find another advanced buddy for some shore dives, i will be filming some of my dives. If anyone else is going solo i will be there 7 days

So I have previously posted that we have to do 6 days at buddy's and then move the eden beach at the end of the week

The good - flight was early :yeahbaby: staff were courteous. No luggage was lost.
We were comped into elite plus - priority boarding and enough leg room that I could exit the row without making my husband stand up. Flight was not full. We had Noone else in our row.
Surprise - sunwing package includes buddy's breakfast!

The bad -we still have to move. Noone else with same package had to move just us. Don't understand why, but c'est la vie.
Can you give a report on how the rssort and dive opp were. Im using eden and wannadive for a week in march.

We are back from Bonaire with Sunwing. On the way down we had Elite Plus (up front) and had been told there were no Elite Plus available for the return. When we checked in for the return we checked again and they indicated they had Elite Plus seats available so we upgraded ($40US each). Imagine our surprise when we boarded to find our seats were in fact not Elite Plus (no extra leg room). When we inquired what was going on the flight attendants agreed our seats were not Elite Plus and to contact Sunwing when we got home. Well we have and their response is they will provide a $25 future credit on Sunwing but will no consider refunding what we paid for what we didn't get. I see that Sunwing has not changed.

We are back from Bonaire with Sunwing. On the way down we had Elite Plus (up front) and had been told there were no Elite Plus available for the return. When we checked in for the return we checked again and they indicated they had Elite Plus seats available so we upgraded ($40US each). Imagine our surprise when we boarded to find our seats were in fact not Elite Plus (no extra leg room). When we inquired what was going on the flight attendants agreed our seats were not Elite Plus and to contact Sunwing when we got home. Well we have and their response is they will provide a $25 future credit on Sunwing but will no consider refunding what we paid for what we didn't get. I see that Sunwing has not changed.

That is exactly what happened to a friend of mine. She was travelling with a young child and an elderly parent, so she thought she should pay for whatever premium package was available at the time to give her priority boarding and seats with better legroom. She paid extra for the package and the perks didn’t materialize and they refused to refund her.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom