Bonica Camera Owner Needs Tips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CDFDiveMaster

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know, I know read the manual...I did, unfortunately I have had very little succes. In avoiding taking a fancy camera course for underwater I'm turning to my Scubaboard Family memebers to help me out. Here it goes; I have the Bonica Snapper XP 3.2 Interpolated 8.0 MP with external strobe. I've taken some pictures and most have come out all white, some blurry, some all black (in a cavern). I also noticed that I have to reset my strobe to work when then camera goes into it's auto shut down. I turn it on and shoot only to realize 100 pictures later that my strobe was not shooting. Some pictures have a yellow aspect to them as well. I'm not sure what speeds to use or when the strobe is most effective. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, sorry to sound so incomplete.

Shoot with it on land first to see what the camera can do. Make a bunch of test shots of subjects that are three to five away and then look at your results. If you get crystal clear shots with correct color, then your camera is working fine and it is just a matter of technique. If you have problem shots, then you may have gotten a problem camera.

Also, you need to have an external strobe as the internal one will create a bunch of back scatter unless the water is crystal clear.

Thanks for the tip I'll try that, and I do have an external strobe I think its that I did not have the defuser set to defelct the flash to trigger the strobe. peace.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom