book to recomend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rsfinn57

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi approaching my one hundreth dive which will be in cozumel next week. Planning on taking gue fundamentals and getting a dry suit. Want to really start to dial in buoyancy. and trim this year. I am a retired anesthesiologist who did a bunch of closed circuit cases early in my career and find ccr fascinating. Eventually hope to head down that route. Would love a book recommendation on the subject to review basic concepts as. my. previous. experience is. really in no way related to ccr diving and. the. complexities envolved

thanks ok pricey anyone have one they no. longer. need happy to buy

I don't remember it being that expensive.
I think this book is worth the read and definitely covers the concepts well. There is not much that is outdated in the fundamentals. As mentioned the author is pretty well known as a great instructor and having read the book first I was well prepared for class.

There is an excelent book by a Brazilian Anestheologist called "Rebreather mergulhando fundo na técnica" but only in portuguese, if you can understand the language, is the best overall text i've saw.
"Breakthrough" by John R Clarke would be a good reading, since you already has experince with CO2 scrubbers from your work
But there's also a book called "rebreather, why not?" in english, written by an italian team, that is fine, although not really deep on subject.

Mel Clark all the way

5ff6588a704f60addddb1d54_Clark M.jpg

You can actually learn a great deal from this manual so as not to go into a class with an empty head
and rely on the instructor filling it, with what they think, an ability to question or rebutt, preparation

Ha ha ha ah ha ha ha ha haah

thanks ok pricey

I think this book is worth the read and definitely covers the concepts well. There is not much that is outdated in the fundamentals. As mentioned the author is pretty well known as a great instructor and having read the book first I was well prepared for class.

Are you a member of I survived mel clark support group as well?

Are you a member of I survived mel clark support group as well?
I am, but I actually got the book first as I was trying to decide if I was going to go down that path. I had planned to train with someone else, but they kept having to cancel and so I emailed her on a whim. Glad I did!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom