Bootie Zipper won't stay in place

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wetsuit-over-bootie, or if diving naked or with a diveskin (stirrups), a couple of elastic rubber bands.

FWIW, I've also seen divers use Duct Tape, but that really just creates a mess.

-hh

Drywall screws.

Zip zop, easy as can be.

Or Crazy Glue is good.

Thy would have to be stainless or if you want the best, go with the titanium drywall screws, and marine grade crazy glue.:D
Drywall screws.

Zip zop, easy as can be.

Or Crazy Glue is good.

i wouldn't recommend rubber bands -- too much risk of circulation issues.
when snorkeling or not using the wetsuit -- a pair of velcro-fastening fishing pole wraps that come with a piece of neoprene attached work wonders to keep the booties zipped. my boots are 10 years old (yes time to replace soon) and the zippers will NOT stay up unless they are secured either by the wraps or the bottom of the wetsuit.

Thanks everyone. When diving full suit the zipper problem is not an issue. It's when using a shortie the issue gets to be problem.

Thanks everyone. When diving full suit the zipper problem is not an issue. It's when using a shortie the issue gets to be problem.
When diving a shorty, I use low-top booties.

I'm assuming these are for tall boots while NOT wearing a full wetsuit?

If so, I just bought a 2nd set of short boots to wear for these dives. I liked them a LOT better than messing with the tall boot zipper falling down.

I do like the idea someone had of making a velcro strap to keep it up with. I used bungee before, but even it would slip down sometimes.

I have used the elastic band that I used in the Army to blouse my BDU\ACU pants. They were cheap. You can get them at any Army\Navy store or make them yourself from elastic band at walmart. Get superglue or something strong and glue velcro to the elastic band.

Wet suit over boots should do the trick. Also, be sure after zipping up to fold the zipper pull down. If they still have a tendency to unzip, use the universal repair kit- a little duct tape before rolling the wet suit over the booty. If all else fails, you may just need to spring for new boots. I have solved the zipper issue in warm water diving by wearing low cut booties ( below the ankle) in water that is at least 70 degrees F. No zipper at all!
DivemasterDennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom