Boracay - referral dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

norinori

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My wife is currently is currently getting her open water training done here in NY sans the referral dives. We are going to be in Boracay for 4 days and have another trip to St. John USVI in July.

We were planning to do her referral dives in Boracay, but my inlaws who don't dive will be with us so I'm concerned about the amount of time she'll be busy with her dives that she won't be able to spend with her parents -- I'm guessing the dives will take 2 half days worth of time?

Do you think its possible to do only the first pair of her referral dives in Boracay, and do the other pair during our trip in July to St. John. ?

i am assuming it's her first time in ph. boracay is a good entry-level dive but don't expect too much though. it's not the most beautiful place in ph above and below sea level. just did my dive there last feb with new wave divers

hello... My partners just opened up a dive center on boracay island... and we would be glad to do your refferal open water dives for you... were located right by the sea-gaia resort right on station one. email info@divecentralasia.com to finalise this preparations for july... :)

We just got back from Boracay two weeks ago. My son did his open water certification there. He would go out in the morning in front of the resort to work on skills in the shallow water there. It would take about 20 minutes. Then in the afternoon we would go out on the boat and he would work on skills in the open water. Those took about 10 minutes to walk to the boat, 10 minute boat ride, 20 to 30 minutes in the water. We were gone from the resort for less than two hours each day when he was doing his open water dives. So your wife won't miss too much time with her parents. Just check with the DM and make sure they do not plan to do two dives from the boat. Then you are looking at closer to four hours away from the resort.
On a side note the beach was voted the second best beach in the WORLD. Not sure how some people can say it's not the most beautiful place. The diving is pretty spectacular as well. Lots of sea life to check out. It's a perfect place to do your first open water dives.
Do you know what operator you are going to be diving with? That will make a huge difference. There are some operators that fill their boats to capacity with Korean divers. Stay away from those as they will be out on the water forever trying to herd all those non-divers out of and back into the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom