Bought my 1st reg, how'd I do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bc showed up today, first glance it looks good, really good. Fabric is perfect, it's clean. I manually inflated and it holds air, deflates, dump valve works, came with an eXtra low pressure hose i wasnt expecting.

20181127_153830.jpg

It has an extra pocket on the lower tank band, guessing trim weights?
20181127_153841.jpg

But I get all my gear initially checked out by Chauncey. And Chauncey says, "george, I see a problem." My name isn't george, but that's OK.

This is chauncey.
20181127_154055.jpg
He's an excellent gear evaluator but he calls everyone George. Hes just a dog though and im pretty sure we all look alike to him, so I let it go. Now many people might see his look as meaning "are you going to feed me soon?" Or even something as simple as "I can tell youre looking at me." However I've had chauncey since he was 4 weeks old and I know for sure that's his "I see an issue with your scuba gear" look.

Since i implicity trust his advice I look a little closer and see that yes, we have a problem,
Can you see the problem?
20181127_153921.jpg

Holders for integrated weight pockets, but no pockets. ...

Holders for integrated weight pockets, but no pockets. ...

Ding ding ding! you're as good as chauncey! :)

Messaged the seller, said sorry and he can get them in the mail monday. No worries as long as he does. I have a trip planned on the 8th and want to try it out. I dropped it off at my lds to get the 2nd serviced and inspected, soMadd an extra $25 to my tally. Barring a bad surprise, I'm a happy guy.

Speaking of the tally, I forgot to add in my dive lights. I still wander into that pawnshop whenever I'm in the area. I found a pair of led lights with no tags. Matched pair looked pretty good. I don't remember the brand but know they retail around 60-70 each at the shop. Took them to the counter intending to haggle them down to 20 each. I only needed 1 so i had room to not spend much and still get a light which I did need.

Put them on the counter, said "how much?" And mentally shifted into negotiate mode. He flipped them back and forth looking for a tag, took a step towards his computer and google/ebay. I mentally downshifted, getting ready for a little more work than I'd planned on. Damn google.

Then he shrugs, puts them both on the counter and says "10 bucks." I'd like to say I worked him down further but to be honest my brain kind of stalled at $5 each so I just stared at him for a couple seconds and i took out my wallet. I love that place.

Fresh batteries and they work great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom