Bouyancy: Warm water vs Cold water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Might be a tad hard to descend tho, regardless of how much weight you use :p

What!!! You dont carry one of these on your BCD?........Newbie:D

DaAxe.jpg

What!!! You dont carry one of these on your BCD?........Newbie:D

DaAxe.jpg

That is kinda big, you don’t have a Princess Auto near you??? They have compact ones that will attach to your BCD a lot nicer (or attached to your leg if you really want).

Back to my original question:

What I was hoping to be able to figure out is what kind of weight I should have and where. I am about 190 pounds diving with a 2mm shorty and a Zeagle tech BCD (it was cheap), I have 2 weight pockets that are non dumpable on the BCD waist strap more toward the side inbetween the BCD and back plate, how much should I put in each pouch? Thinking 2 or 3 pounds in each pouch and then more on a weight belt. Not too sure exactly how old the BCD is. I bought it used from a guy who barely used it and got a steal of a deal on it

That is kinda big, you don’t have a Princess Auto near you??? They have compact ones that will attach to your BCD a lot nicer (or attached to your leg if you really want).

Back to my original question:

What I was hoping to be able to figure out is what kind of weight I should have and where. I am about 190 pounds diving with a 2mm shorty and a Zeagle tech BCD (it was cheap), I have 2 weight pockets that are non dumpable on the BCD waist strap more toward the side inbetween the BCD and back plate, how much should I put in each pouch? Thinking 2 or 3 pounds in each pouch and then more on a weight belt. Not too sure exactly how old the BCD is. I bought it used from a guy who barely used it and got a steal of a deal on it

Try this:

DIR-diver.com - How much lead?

Ice floats on any temperature water. Ice is less dense than water because it expands when it freezes.

I thought so as well, but the above graph suggests otherwise.

I thought so as well, but the above graph suggests otherwise.
Fill a plastic bottle completely full with water and throw it in the freezer and wait to see what happens and youll have your answer... Ice most definetly expand..

Fill a plastic bottle completely full with water and throw it in the freezer and wait to see what happens and youll have your answer... Ice most definetly expand..

I have no doubt that water expands as it freezes. I was simply reading the graph. This is all a moot point anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom