BP users - Weight belt, weight harness or pockets?

Which weight system do you prefer?

• I use a weight belt with my bp/wings

Votes: 81 36.5%
  • I use a weight harness with my bp/wings

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • I use weight pockets with my/bc/wings

Votes: 87 39.2%
  • I use a combination or other method

Votes: 37 16.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

E - none of the above.

I don't carry any weight.

I have 3 different weight plates. 2 different weight STA's, and Steel Tanks. I use whatever combination works best for the dives I'm doing.

For examples,
Single steel tank and Drysuit in fresh water/ 9lb SS plate 5 lb STA, no other weight neccesary.

Single AL80, 5 mil wetsuit in salt water/ 9lb SS plate, 2lb STA, no other weight neccesary. I take the 9lb plate in my carry-on when I fly on vacation

Single steel tank and 5 mil wetsuit salt water, 2 lb AL plate no STA.

Double steel 100's, Drysuit/ 5lb SS plate
Double 130's,drysuit/ 2 lb AL plate

When I did my tec training ditchable weight was not allowed. There are places I like to go, where it would be very bad if you accidentaly lost your weight. :eyebrow:

I always carry a lift bag

I think ditchable weight is a good idea for beginners.

When I dive a dry suit I use the DUI Weight and Trim II, warm water diving I use weight pockets since I don't use much weight and I hate a belt.....

Anybody notice this is a thread from 2003?

I just got some new real thick thinsulate undergarments and tried them in saltwater for the first time. I found that even with double 104's and a stainless plate I needed weight. Anybody else have this problem? I've never used ditchable weights until I got these undergarments. Anybody have anything to say, suggest about this?

I was also surprised to see this one resurrected! I had long ago forgotten that I posted it! But I will humbly thank those who participated.

Phil

I use two weight pockets attached to each side of the upper tank strap when I'm diving my single tank rig - when carrying a can light, I don't need any additional weight.

For AL80 doubles/wetsuit diving, I definitely do not need any additional weights.

Oops, didn't notice this was a ressurrected thread...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom