BP users - Weight belt, weight harness or pockets?

Which weight system do you prefer?

• I use a weight belt with my bp/wings

Votes: 81 36.5%
  • I use a weight harness with my bp/wings

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • I use weight pockets with my/bc/wings

Votes: 87 39.2%
  • I use a combination or other method

Votes: 37 16.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i generally dive my SS BP and a 95 with a 5mm Waterproof wetsiot and i am perfectly weight. also dove a DUI TLS 350 last week with the same weight and was fine

i have thought about adding the Halcyon ACB for when i teach open water so that i am overweighted a bit to hold down potential bolters

I use 2(3#'s) on a belt, L-hand release, so that I can feel the difference from my Halcyon webbing buckle (R hand release) doffing in the water.

Somebody here suggested that for me, working great BTW.

Just started diving a BP/W so thing are probably going to change just a bit. I use pockets since a weight belt and I don't get along. I have no butt and a nerve in my back that a weight belt rubs. So that means a harnass is out as well, tried it though.
I am looking at switching part of mine to a channel weight but I need to get other things dial in first.

i use a weight belt and two pockets of trim on the back if needed. i also have a six pound backplate so for warm water diving i only need a few pounds on the belt. for me, it's just convenient (im not saying that other methods aren't as convenient) but it's also comfortable. i wear it under the harness so im not really able to ditch the weight, but again, it's all about what's comfortable and in your opinion what's convenient

The poll comes up all the time, but never once have I been able to participate:

E - None of the above

With double steel 119's I don't need any weight

:)

Back
Top Bottom