BP/W and pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ironworker377

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I dive wet and wondered how do some other BP/W set-ups attach a pocket? Do any of you guys attach a pocket to your wet suit or buy some pocket to add to your harness. If so what manufacture makes the pocket and where do you put it. Any advice is appreciated.

I've got an abyss zippered pocket on my right waist strap, plus its got a coiled bungie if you want to put an smb on it. Also use an OMS pocket on the left but keep shears in there. In a pinch I guess you could add some soft lead to either. Hope that helps a little.

My dry suit came with two bellows pockets. When I dive with my 7mm, I use x-shorts (two bellows pockets). As for my 3mm, I just glued on one of Phil Ellis' pockets tonight. Will add a few stitches tomorrow. You want them on the outside of your thigh.

Just glued one of Phil's to my 5 mil right leg. Dry suit has right thigh and I use the diverite thigh pocket(slides onto belt and clips around thigh) on left leg with all my suits. also have a dr that slides onto the webbing on right side when diving with polar tech or no cannister.

dmblack58:
Dive Rite makes a great bellows pocket that attaches to your harness. It’s big enough to hold my SMB, slate and finger spool.

It’s also about the length of a can light so if you dive a long hose you can route the hose under the pocket.

http://www.diveriteexpress.com/bcs/img/bc2762lg.jpg

Good solution perhaps if you don't have a can light (or aren't diving with one), but what do you do with it IF you DO have a can light?

Rainer:
Good solution perhaps if you don't have a can light (or aren't diving with one), but what do you do with it IF you DO have a can light?

Don't know but if you give me $1000 to buy a can light and three weeks to try a few different configurations out I'll let you know. :D

I use X-shorts, but they are unfortunately no longer generally available. Before I bought them, I used a pair of boy's swim trunks with velcro cargo pockets. Not ideal, and pretty funny-looking, but it worked.

dmblack58:
Dive Rite makes a great bellows pocket that attaches to your harness. It’s big enough to hold my SMB, slate and finger spool.

It’s also about the length of a can light so if you dive a long hose you can route the hose under the pocket.

http://www.diveriteexpress.com/bcs/img/bc2762lg.jpg
This is exactly what I do.

If you wear a can, just slide it on the waist strap first and it tucks back a little nicer than the pocket does; you hardly notice the way it shifts the pocket.

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom