BP/W question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

STA = Single Tank Adaptor. Some backplates need these for use with a single cylinder.

Camband = the band which secures your cylinder to the BCD.

I have heard of a solution (Sorta) to get around the weight of the BC. Some have said they wear it on the plane as backpack. So they bring the (BC-Backpack) and still have a carry on I think thats how it went.

So are there different sizes for backplates then?

Some manufacture backplates in sizes. E.g., Deep Sea Supply. Others only make "one size fits most."

Check the DSS website and/ call Tobin there for sizing info. Www.deepseasupply.com

The plate I have is a standard plate. Fits most divers from 5' to 6' and will also work on others as well. I have some interest in it and it will likely be gone tomorrow if you don;t decide to buy. As Devon said an STA is a single tank adapter. Used with many plates and singles wings that do not have some way of securing the tank to keep it from rocking. Think of it as "v" channel type deal. This wing does not need that. Saves you about 40 bucks from what I've seen. The cambands just hold the tank to the plate like any other BC.

Here's what I ended up getting:
PKGBCTEK TECHNICAL SCUBA BCD PACKAGE 1 $249.95
DIR15158 Dive Rite Deluxe Harness 1 $15.95
SEE0019 Sea Elite Stainless Back Plate 1 $0.00
EDG0033 Hog 32 Lb Wing 1 $0.00
DIR15296 Dive Rite 1In Crotch Strap W-2In Scooter Ring 1 $6.95
OCD0011 Tank Strap with Stainless Cam (Qty 2) 2 $30.00

from divers-supply.com.

I got the deluxe harness over the regular one because it seems like it would be nicer for a boobled one like me due to the swivels on the shoulder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom