BP/W questions from the green one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes Tobin, it is only the start of the weight reduction process:) I said I felt overweighted:) So next time I will try less lead on my weight belt. I am going to do more checks in two weeks time. Interestingly enough, I did not feel that famous instability on the surface which people talk about all the time. You know that face-in-the-water stuff. And I already removed 9 pounds off my weight belt which is good stuff.

Yes I have Hammerhead STA.

Hmm.
My reason for recommending against removing the pads is that it would make the wing less desirable if you try to sell it.

I guess it is your decision then. I am a fan of STA's so would have no issue removing the pads.

Well, I am OK to remove those pads. The point is I am not sure how to do it:) What do you use, knife, scissor, something else? How to prevent fraying, etc.

This an Oxy wing?

I would say EMT shears. Normally to stop fraying you apply heat. I would not bother. I would let excess material fray and trim it later. The stiching in the center panel where the pads attach will be intact. And the pads are isolated from the center panel which you should not touch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom