Breaking the rules Confessional

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did a wreck dive at 86 ft even though I was only OW certified. My buddy was experienced, so I felt it was no big deal. I did stay within the limits of the dive tables.

Ron

Is there some rule that you can't talk about the same thing more then once on the internet? If there is, we should have just pulled the plug and turned the internet off years ago.

Gee, don't you think that others might like to be aware of the other thread, which was pretty recently active, so they can read it if they're interested? Or people can continue posting on that one if they wish.

The same topics are discussed again and again on SB?! I had no idea! :shocked2:

Solo dive [all environments] and use cut-off valves/swivels on my set-ups :O !!!!!....I can see/hear the DIR crowd roll their eyes and ring their hands !!!!!.....Failure point, Failure point, Bad diver, Bad diver Ooh, Aah ;P !!!!!......Been doing it for years, have NEVER had a problem......

Willingly went to 90 feet on a "Barge" dive in the Keys on about dive 10 or 11.

Mike

I had done it before on couple of occasions when my computer "died" during the dive. Stayed above the dm for the rest of the dive. No more divng on that day after surfacing. Hired a computer on the following day.
Not having any timing device for the whole duration of the trip(12 dives) is too much to comprehend.

I guess diving with a slightly leaking LPI and going to 78' or so on my first boat dive as an OW diver would count. Other than that I can't think of anything. Everyone's heard my "mantra" of treating every dive like it's my first and that the worst could happen.

75 ft. wreck dive on my first ocean dive (dive #10), Solo dives, cavern dives, SM without a class, DS diving without a class, and all with an OW cert.

Maybe dive 36 or so? I followed a DM into a pretty deep cavern (without any overhead training or reasonable light source) because she said it was "safe".

Fast forward a few hundred dives and I quickly learned from experience that DM's and instructors aren't gods. With more experience I have learned to respect the limits of my training and not be convinced by anyone to exceed it.

What is it they say in The Matrix during Kung Fu training? "some rules can be bent and some can be broken" and "Do you really believe this is air you are breathing??? "

Remember, it is not the spoon that bends, but the world around it,

��

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom