Breaking the rules Confessional

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I started confessing all the SCUBA rules I've broken we would be here all day, the good news is that a lot of these rules are new and I think my transgressions are granfathered out.

I believe the point is that you understand the course of action you are taking, mitigate the risk involved with your action, and accept the concequences of your decisions. Otherwise thumb the dive and fix the problems on the surface.

Bob
-------------------
A man's got to know his limitations.
Harry Callahan

I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

So here is something I did about 12 years ago when I was a new diver. I was having issues with hives so I was talking 1/2 benedryls (claritin wasn't otc yet ).

Well, on one of my BlackBeards trips I was diving and I was really drowsy. I'm pretty sure I might have blacked out at one point because I remember startling myself awake with regulator still in my mouth. I should have never gone diving and when I realized I had a problem I should have thumbed it. But I didn't, I kept diving. :(

Mine mostly involve solo diving,not carrying a snorkel,cavern dives and back in prehistoric days diving without a bc,timing device or weight belt.

Watch and a depth gauge, then use the tables of your choice.

My last couple dives have been with just my doublehose and j-valve tank.

Back
Top Bottom