Bright Orange and Yellow Wings and Thermal Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Things are a bit more organized today (that's a photo from 95) but I think the benefit of something reflective on the hood is pretty easy to appreciate.

:)

Bjorn

P.S: I also have yellow stripes painted on my black fins. While they didn't win style points in Fundies, they've sure been useful (like on dive boats when there is a giant stack of black turtle fins, I always know which are mine. :) ).
Oh, and my fundies instructor had a glue DUI suit. Go figgure :wink:

I like the reflective hood. I've seen the benefits of IR reflective panels on kevlar helmet covers in the field. The Army's current uniform has these on the shoulder pockets as well. The hood is something I'm now considering.

For your fins, what type of paint did you use? From dirt-bike riding, I've known folks using Krylon Fusion. It adheres to plastics (like ABS body panels) quite well. May be good for fins and not flake too much.

Bri

My Deep Outdoors wing has a reflective strip around the edge of it. It drives photographers nuts, but I like the concept.

I like the reflective hood. I've seen the benefits of IR reflective panels on kevlar helmet covers in the field. The Army's current uniform has these on the shoulder pockets as well. The hood is something I'm now considering.

For your fins, what type of paint did you use? From dirt-bike riding, I've known folks using Krylon Fusion. It adheres to plastics (like ABS body panels) quite well. May be good for fins and not flake too much.

Bri

I think I picked tremclad. Really it's so easy to do that I wasn't worried about the paint. It's lasted over 50 dives without needing to be redone and those are mostly shoredives, meaning they get more beatup than boat dives.

Spraypaint is cheap :)

Thanks for the compliment on the little boat, no, that is a Confederate Naval flag. It, along with the Bonnie Blue (single star on a blue field) and the square orange Stars and Bars were all flown on Confedrate naval vessels.

West Florida Republic(U.S.)

N

Are you talking about the blue flag with the white saltire cross on the top starboard side of your boat? It looks to me to be the Cross of St Andrew, or the flag of Scotland.

Scotland: Scottish Flag

Scotland (United Kingdom)

These three sites all show the Confederate Naval Jack differently...Nemrod, what am I missing?!

Confederate Flag Bonnie Blue Stars and Bars Battle Flag and Descriptions

Flags of the Confederacy

Flags of the Confederate States of America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As someone of Scottish descent, I'm always happy to see the St. Andrew's cross flag....looks good on your boat! Plenty of Scots settled in the South.

On topic, I dive low vis water rather frequently, and have as much colourful equipment as possible: pink webbing on doubles, reflective stripes on drysuit, red wing.....plus a fluorescent yellow SMB and lift bag. I want to be seen, and when instabuddy diving, remembered by those on the boat.

Sure, colours fade underwater, but every little bit counts both underwater and at the surface.

Last edited:
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom