Bring in the New Year at Weeki Wachee Springs!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, you won't need a light, though you can be sure, I will have three. :D We will have gear to dive from Oceanic, ScubaRadio AND Scuba News will be there. The par-tay is gaining quite a reputation! :D

NetDoc:
Yeah, you won't need a light, though you can be sure, I will have three. :D We will have gear to dive from Oceanic, ScubaRadio AND Scuba News will be there. The par-tay is gaining quite a reputation! :D

Hey Pete,

How you doing, man? We haven't had a chance to talk since our cruise...other than our standard phone tag stuff. Cozumel and Belize were awesome, by the way. Call me this week, if you get a chance. We've got gear, baybee! :14: Not soo spendy...middle of the road stuff....I like it. We've got everything but tanks and water. :D

DH and I are thinking of joining y'all for New Years, but I wanted to get some specifics before we 'jumped in'. And, since we haven't had time to hammer out the timing of AOW with you, I wanted to make sure this 'night dive' wasn't too 'light challenged'. Sounds like it'll be fine, and we could probably stand to pick up a light or two anyway...

Now the next challenge is convincing the Grandparents that their idea of a Rockin' New Year's Eve Party will involve sippy cups and graham crackers...not champagne flutes and canapes. :blinking:

Fingers crossed...

NEW YEAR’S EVE DIVE DIVE DIVE!!!!!

START THE NEW YEAR OUT WITH A SPLASH!!!

Join Castaway SCUBA, C & N Divers, Dixie Sands SCUBA along with Scubaboard and ScubaNews as we wish in the New Year at WEEKI WACHEE SPRINGS!!! Bring your family and wish in the New Year underwater with the mermaids. Non-divers can join with the divers thru the underwater mermaid theater as we welcome in the new and wonderful year ahead of us. Movies and music will be going on in the viewing auditorium for the non-divers.
It is a night dive but the Auditorium lights put an incredible ambiance on the spring.
Recently there were a minimum of 6 turtles and 3 manatees in and around the spring, along with Spec and other freshwater fish. It's a great time with great people.

We will have music, a Buffet, a scavenger hunt and good times- all included in the price!!!

We have arranged for special hotel pricing at the Best Western Hotel which is directly across the street, see below for price and contact info.
You know the party will continue all night long!!

The menu is as follows:
Chicken wings
Peel and Eat Shrimp
Buffalo Shrimp
Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
Celery/Carrot platter w/Blue Cheese
Macaroni
Potato Salad
Iced Tea, Water
Desserts

Beer, wine and sodas will be served on a cash purchases basis, please note once you start drinking you are not allowed to dive.

Event information:
Where: Weeki Wachee Springs
Date: Dec 31st, 2006
Time: 6-7pm check in and set up, get ready for the fun to begin
7-12:30am- dive, mingle and eat
12:30-1am pack up and move the party across the street!!!
Cost: $65 per diver, $25 per non diver/observer

What is included: BUFFET, Music, and Good Times

Hotel info: Ask for the Special Weeki Wachee diver rate of $69 at The Best Western - (352) 596-2007

You must register thru one of the shops listed below:

Castaway Scuba - 407-658-9464
C&N Divers - 352-735-5040
Dixie Sands SCUBA – 407-290-5200

Question, the numbers in the recent post don't match the one in the first post.

So is there more than one party or something? The recent post seems specific that you have to sign up with one of the dive shops to get registered. The thread that Kylee started (OP) is presumably sending you to Weeki-Watchie to register.

Anyone got a theory?

We'll be Registered today and room already reserved at Best Western. This was great fun last year looking forward to it again.

Brian & Shelli

Just FYI, Chris in the first Post is with Weeki Wachee Park, if you call him, he is supposed to pointing you to one of the stores to register that's why I wanted to clarify the registration process so there isn't a middle man.
Last year was great, this year hopefully will be even bigger. Looking forward to seeing you all!
Happy New Year!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom