Brinyte DIV10 "3000 Lumen" Canister light Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ohh ohh my bad. I didn't think of the "all flat" ones.. :)
I belive trustfire batteries are protected, and yes it works

thanks, and does this light work with protected batteries?
Yes, protected batteries will work, but a lot of the better 26650s are not protected. Do not get ultra fire or trust-fire batteries. They are garbage. I've got some myself, and am waiting for my good batteries to show (I had to re-order from a 3rd retailer after the first set from dx.com "shipped" from them two months ago with a false tracking number, and one being out of stock despite claiming otherwise on their site).

King Kong's are really strongly recommended. On fast tech you can get them very cheap, but the shipping is outrageously long. I'm not sure what is best for your area though.

Huh ? Don't get trustfire ?
Yesterday i read reviews that trustfire are good ones, especially for cheap lights that don't have built in protection agains over-draining the batteries..

Update... a guy and his friend here in norway also just bought this, one each... and after around 20 dives both the cables has broken at the canister side...

---------- Post added September 24th, 2014 at 01:04 PM ----------

Around where it goes thru the gland... and i just checked mine, there is clearly a sharp edge on the gland at the outer end of the gland nut, that will cut thru the cable.. hmm.. filled mine up with some tec7, to stiffen it up abit untill it gets changed!

Last edited:
Huh, I'll try to take a look at this and see if the gland can be adjusted. If not, It sounds like I could replace them.
I've had mine on about 10 dives (some longer ones, almost all in caves), and haven't had any issues yet.

Thanks for the update though. Sorry that some of them failed on your friends, but this is the type of info that I think is great to share with others. I'm not delusional; I know a light at this price will have its limits, and knowing what they are will help us address them. It sounds like some replacement glands could help fix that for not much money.

I just got mine today. Can't wait to get it wet!!

What are the best batteries for it?? What about a charger that will charge 4 batteries?

Anyone put a soft handle on the light?

Last edited:
King Kong 26650s are really well reviewed (and what I ordered). Make sure you get button top cells whatever you do. I'd avoid dx.com, as they never shipped my last order. Argued they did, and it never showed up (2 months+). They just gave a fake tracking #.
Xtar and Nitecore make good chargers, but be aware that most of them are meant for 18650s primarily, so while they charge 26650s you end up blocking some of the ports. My 4 port nitecore i4 can only do 2 cells at a time.

mtnelectronics.com is a good reseller from what I've heard, but I haven't used them and their prices are a bit higher than I was able to find for the king kong cells. I sort of regret not ordering from there though, as the shipping time is ridiculous from fasttech.

Did you order protected or unprotected batteries?

I ordered unprotected, mainly because the charger I have is supposed to be pretty good at preventing overcharging and the light is a cave light for me. Some protected cells will cut out when they hit a certain voltage, which can be a bad thing in cave diving (although a pretty remote event given you dive with 3+ lights).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom