Broken? Dacor Gauge needle stuck at 10m

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

here are the two pics first one with the metal plate off and the second one with the rubber thing off where the oil was as you can see theres not so much oil left. when I opened it, i got some of it on my hands and stuff. P3010522.jpg

P3010528.jpg

Oh Okay, its actually not that old a gauge, the set screw looks a bit rusted which may indicate there was a leak, but, you should be able to rescue it.

If the needle has returned to its original position, I would leave it alone. The gauge should work without oil, so my suggestion would be to assemble it all together,dive it and see if water enters the gauge. If it dos you obviously have a leak and I would say its not worth going further.

Remember, take along a know good gauge to check calibration.

If no leak and it works fine, well, great, you can try and get some oil in the mean time and fill it (or not) at your leisure, personally I would just use it as is.

Just as an aside, if you cant get the correct gauge oil, you may be able to get hold of some pure silicone oil which will also work, but will probably be the price of an arm and a leg.!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom