Broken heart?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing anyone can say or do will make you feel better. You just have to ride it out day by day and slowly you will feel better yourself.

I can relate to your situation. I too fee that once I truly care about someone (let down my guard) it doesn't work out. But then again things happen for a reason that's unknown to us at the time, but sooner or later down the line it will be quite obvious.

I had a bad break-up early last November and I truly wasn't over it until Jan. or so. I tried to keep myself busy and finally realized I am better off this way.

Now I've been dating someone for 2+ months and I am scared of getting hurt again so soon, therefore we both are taking this relationship one day at a time. Live & Learn!

Good luck healing!

SueMermaid once bubbled...
Absolutely.
Time, chocolate, tequila, and, when you are ready, another love interest. I know what of I speak :D

I might add ice cream! :D

Good Luck, Paul. These times are hard and suck pond water. Time is the best healer and just be good to yourself. As others have said ... enjoy your freedom, take a break and don't jump into anything. Enjoy and accept the support of your friends. I've been through some pretty crappy stuff and now have a wonderful person in my life. The old cliche of "it happens when you least expect it and aren't looking" held true for me. Hang in there and do things that make you feel good. :)

Hia Paul!!!

So sorry honey that u r hurting.. I can tell u a true horror story to cheer u up!!!

I met the guy of my dreams about a One year ago...He is fourty three, 6'4, very handsome, SALESMAN ,DM. and an Equestrian all of my hobbies, i was so crazy about him, he is from Olympia, Wa . I met him online in a stock chat room .. We have all been good friends for a few years , getting together in various cities in real life Well , this man wrote me beautiful poetry, we talked on phone for hours , exchanged pics, everyone in the chat room said he adored me , was the real deal ,and was a great catch ... I was never so happy, since i believe my early 20's.... He begged me to fly out to Seattle for Xmas, and had already proposed to me ... i pre sent xmas presents and my expensive ornaments for the tree, some being my deceased mother's. Told me his mom just died off cancer over the Thangsgiving holiday. and some other Terrible lies. Turns out he was just playing with me and took great delight, and laughed about it in my face and on the phone afterwards. and the whole room knows of this. a sicko con man he is. Tried to keep my belongings out there too:wacko: .. LOL!!
I sobbed for months, it was so humilating and my heart was so broken

So, My only satisfaction is in knowing He did make me so very happy for quite sometime. He didn;t totally benefit !! Try to think of the great times, I do.. we would laugh and laugh together:) I am sure she misses u . U do count!! U cant just turn feelings off for someone like a faucet!! know this guy misses me... but he knew he couldnt have me, if i knew the real person , ..So i have to be flattered, LOL!!! See, he was so impressed he had to tell tall tales .

You are young still !! and very handsome, SO GET EM

BE Well,
Pam:)

Dear Paul,

Gosh, I've been bogged down with final exams and have spent no time at the board for days (the only thing I've been doing is studing and writing research papers, and taking exams...yuck) and I've missed so much.

I am very sorry to hear that you are going through a tough personal time. I am not the vengeful type either.

I am the last person to offer you advice on dealing with a broken heart. And, I am not gonna tell you how I was in a long relationship that went bad; or about my recent heartbreak; but I will tell you honestly that these things made me stronger.

BUT, it also made me loose the "dream" of happily ever after, the romance and desire for romance, the "Cosmo's moon" feeling, the "I want it all...", the starring nights, play in the rain, spontaneous eroticism.... I have begun to build a fortress and I hide behind it. So I warn you not to loose that part of yourself. Don't let another take that away.

I know someone very dear to me who pined for a lost love for years. He too went out to "have" all the women he could and kept something personal of hers around. These actions also caused a lot of damage and he was not able to move on with his life productively.

I also know that the heart doesn't always let you decide. Time will help. And, sometimes a friend's ear helps too. Sometimes talking to someone who knows nothing about your relationship helps because all they can do is listen. If you need a friend to talk to, I'll be happy to lend an ear. I don't know about you but sometimes writing my feelings down helps get it out too.

PS If you want to get away and come to SC and do some diving, there's an invitation open.

We have great Twister games here. :wacko: :wink:
Bet I made you grin. R
:D

lol Yes Raven, you did make me grin. And for that I thank you. I havn't smiled much lately.

I'm trying not to put up a wall around me. But it's hard not to a little since I keep getting burned. I'm trying my hardest not to. I don't want that to happen. I'm just afraid that one day I wont be able to stop it from happening and I'll end up shutting out a woman that could be right for me.

For now, I'm just waiting for most of the weight to be lifted off my chest. A lot of it is gone but some still remains and if I think about it too much, it starts to hurt. I'v been keeping pretty busy like everyone suggested and it keeps my mind off everything. I'm patiently waiting for the light at the end of the road.

My two cents. Well Paul I can sympathize with you a little here. Here is my story May 24, 2001, the person who I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with moved out of the place we lived together. We had dated since late 1995, and gotten married in June of 2000. She wasn't sure about the marriage or the relationship, and it pretty much left me devastated. She wanted space and time. I gave her everything she wanted and pretty much waited for a decision. In the meantime I was pretty much a wreck and very much a loss at what to do. It was her that I introduced to diving and thought I had a buddy for life. Well that failed, and I didn't have anyone to dive with anymore. So I started haunting a few dive shops and joining a few shop dives, before I figured out I needed some new dive buddies. After a few months my circle of diving friends grew, and my desire to get a little farther ahead in my training caught up. Here I am almost two year years later a divemaster and still trying to meet that right person. There are some tough times, but your friends are usually the ones that help you through. I focused on the things I like, diving and jeeps, and I have been through many interations of both. The kicker to mine was, in August 2001, she asked for a divorce over instant messenger of all formats. I pretty much knew then there was not saving that marriage and I wasn't about to go back. I haven't spoken to or seen her since, but I wish her well. Heart heal, it takes time, but find out what put that smile on your face before you met that person, and get that smile back. It has worked for me. I am have met some great women along the way, but not that seem to have a place in my life like the last one.

Travis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom