Broken screw removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If that broke off because it seized, its not coming out.
If it broke because it was overtightened, there might be a chance, but would be best left to someone with experience extracting tiny screws.
I wondered about that also. The plastic cover is fairly delicate (assuming it's the same as the Zoop Novo). I'd imagine overtightening would damage the cover.

@Christozs,

We have successfully extracted many broken and stripped screws from dive computers' rear cases. There are several ways to do it and each case varies. The only problem is I see you are located in Denmark and I'm afraid the back and forth shipping to the US wouldn't make it economically feasible.

It is pretty unlikely it will come out. Thread-sert will work. Only goes down to 3mm but if that would work, it would be a one and done fix.

I usually pull broken bolts and screws myself, but faced with this,, I'd talk with a machinist or someone on watch repair and figure if it was more cost effective to send it back to the manufacturer.

Add one to the "take it to a professional" choir: it is too small to do without special tools and skills.

... with a good chance of super glue running into the threads, and then nobody will be able to get it out. How small is it, anyway? 1 mm?

super glue a small hex wrench and then try to turn it out
Be really careful if you try this. It's such a small area the chances of glue flowing into the threads and locking everything together is pretty high.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom