brrr... Post Turkey Day Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FastAttack

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I went on the IBIS today with the rest of my scuba club..
we dove the mercedes ( 90+ ) , the wreck itself was great, and the visibility was outstanding! one of the best dives I've had out of a boat!
( waves never did reach more than 2feet!, no swells, BUT a strong current)

But DAM it was cold!
I wore a 0.5mm wet suit + 3mm full wet suit with 3mm hood , water temps got down to about 66 degrees at the bottom , the worst was coming out of the boat! it was freeeeezing... all I remember was shivering non stop and wanting to get back in the water to get the wetsuit to work again

2nd dive was a shallow dive at about 35 feet, came out at 40 mins due to a buddy using a lot of air , but for the first time ever , I was glad to get out of the water!

for all of you that hunt , I saw about 20-25 lobsters on the 2nd reef , all legal size , so It might be a good idea to go out during the week if weather permits :)

anyhow ,

I might follow Debby's steps and hang up my fins and take up another sport for the next few months , unless i can afford a dry suit or a 5/4/3 + vested hood lol

a little dive report from a cry baby south florida diver lol

E, it sounds like a burry good dive! I was hoping for another beach dive or two before I hang up my fins, but it hasn't worked out that way. Maybe next winter, I'll invest in a dry suit so that I can get those mid-winter BUGS.

It has been freezing on my morning bicycle rides too. I just ordered a bunch of thermal protection for cyclists.

At least we don't have to shovel snow!! :)

Brian, beach dives don't have that cccccccold surface interval... :)

...and swimming like a bat out of hell tends to keep me sorta warm for a while at least. Can't do those 110 minute dives though, way too burry.

I HAVE a 5/4/3..... all I need is a hood. You can buy them at Divers Direct for about $140. I'm going after those bugs next weekend!!

Sperbonzo:
I HAVE a 5/4/3..... all I need is a hood. You can buy them at Divers Direct for about $140. I'm going after those bugs next weekend!!

Sorry, bad syntax.... it's the 5/4/3 that is $140 at D.D.

or just get a 5, or even a 7.... either way, diving in the winter is GREAT. Tons of lobster, lots of fish overall, the vis gets really good, etc....

I dived Venice yesterday. Some wore just a shorty. Me? I had my new 6.5mm 2 piece, with a 5/4/3 hooded vest, 5mm booties and gloves. Did not get cold. Of course all the lead gave me a backache. Oh well, I got 3 dives in. Water temp? 64°

Scuba_Jenny:
I dived Venice yesterday. Some wore just a shorty. Me? I had my new 6.5mm 2 piece, with a 5/4/3 hooded vest, 5mm booties and gloves. Did not get cold. Of course all the lead gave me a backache. Oh well, I got 3 dives in. Water temp? 64°

dam it is getting cold lol

gotta see if I can get Santa to give me 1 more present this year, I already got my "early" present ( aeris Elite T3 wireless :) )

Scuba_Jenny:

hmmmm... it really IS getting cold early this year!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom