BRUT general question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Sherwood Blizzard and it trickles the same small stream of bubbles. The LDS that sold it to me told me that was normal. Multiple times on dive trips I have had divemasters tell me that it shouldn't leak. They are wrong. On another forum a service tech said on the Blizzard the tiny bubble stream from the first stage helps prevent it from freezing and free flowing in cold water.

I have some magnum regs I set up for monkey diving and changed them to UDS first stages, I will have to re look and rethink this as it is astonishing how you can learn about gear.

I also took a atomic reg in to be overhauled in like 2007 and thought dane was going to rebuild it at the seattle Underwater sports, but another fella actually did the work. I set it up for a pony and it did as described here on the first stage. So I put it with the rest of the regs in a cabinet. last summer I pulled it out to see if I could fix it and I seen no way to get it to stop, and put it back together and it still leaked. If it is the same I would been foolish to stop using as it was a good reg. I will have to ask on atomic forum.

Pnwdvr, I read your post on inflator, and have a feeling your talking about underwater sports, correct me If I am wrong. You being a new diver you have to look at a couple of scenario's, you have no real dive gear knowledge at this point so the dive shop would rather you have new gear that fits you and comfortable and confident It works properly. this way you just have the stress of learning to dive at most.

Could have the dive shop in olympia actually made an attempt to give you a run around on time and foolish money spent, that very well could be possible, did the inflator actually not get sent or sent and not fixed, but paperwork suggested it did, well that is possible also.

Like my atomic reg, I am 100% sure if I went back and said dane, This first stage leaks and I know you also replaced a recall part also, But when I went to use it it leaked. Now 5 years later most dive shops would say sorry. Dane would service it and see it has not been dove since serviced last, and say he found what was ailing it and it now works, for probably no charge. Now another hand he also knows I have several sets of gear and I buy New. I also go to divers fair every year for and hour and buy gear.

What I am saying is as a new diver you also have to learn to trust your dive shop and give them a chance to let them make it up to you. And every dive shop you walk into try not to get caught up in things you do not agree with. Knowing several shops is helpful here in wa.

I live on a Island and the dive shops are an hour or more away for me, so that is 2 ta 3 hour round trip. Now when the water is calm edmonds dive shop is 20 minutes by water, also the train stops across the street from edmonds dive shop in afternoon and I can get what I need and hit the next train back home. When I go dive deception pass, I stop at oak harbor dive shop and buy what I think I might want.

Just because it appears you got screwed, its embarrassing when you find out you did not.

Or this is what happen to me, Danny does a great job on drysuits, but had to send it to manufacture for a self donning zip. I told him to put new boots on and shorten about 2 inches in the legs, and put a new zipper on, I lost 70 pounds and want to shrink it a bit. danny called and said he tested it himself and there is a pin hole in the suit, so it will be another day or to before pick up. I paid for a new zipper cause when It leaked it appeared to be from a zipper.
Not that it is a big deal as I also went from 149# back to 210# and use my big drysuit.

Well I have rambled on long enough as it has rained 2 days straight and wind blowing,

Back
Top Bottom