“Fairly” Uncontrolled Ascent - Please help me understand what went wrong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes you go simsalabim and with the magical words you open sesame the link to a cavern full of treasures

I'm sending a bc to a guy blew it up, the next day did Louis Armstrong cheeks and it barely fit a mouthful

I wonder the diameter of the Cressi corrugated hose

I would suggest two things. First, set up your rig and weight it to be slightly negative. throw it in the pool and wait to see what happens. A slow bleed from the inflator will make it eventually buoyant. Second disconnect the hose from the BCD and hold it underwater. I doubt this it, but it costs nothing to check.

If you dive steel tanks at home, aluminum tanks are shockingly different buoyancy characteristics.

I'm probably repeating what has already been said and I have not read all (most) of the comments. The same happened to me a while back when I noticed I kept having to dump air to remain neutral. It was a slow leak on my BC inflator valve. I disconnected the hose and all was OK. It was later serviced.

Folded BC bladder. Two possible fixes if time is available; do a 360 roll or summersault to free the trapped air, or hold the exhaust button on inflator, and attempt to suck the trapped air out.

Folded BC bladder. Two possible fixes if time is available; do a 360 roll or summersault to free the trapped air, or hold the exhaust button on inflator, and attempt to suck the trapped air out.
Butt dump and go head down at a slight angle with the valve being the high point. No more air except for a severe taco or horseshoe wing.

Back
Top Bottom