Buckle for Waist Band

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pros and cons. Metal bends, plastic breaks. A metal buckle is more likely to get bent than a high quality plastic buckle breaking in my experience. That said all of my buckles are metal, but that is because it is what came with my gear and I don't really care enough to change them. Most of mine are a lot thicker than the normal ones too which helps I guess

... But, glass filled nylon and other engineered "plastics" can be tougher than metals in some applications...

I concur. Try dropping a single 80 on a stainless buckle and this glass filled Nylon buckle. Stainless bends pretty easily which can make it unusable. Of course unfilled buckles will shatter where the glass-filled Nylon will probably just dent a little. The XS Scuba Clear-Path is a very well designed cam buckle.

I use one of these on my SM rig and like it enough that I'm going to order a couple more. Get them from the UK.

Custom Sidemount Hardware Upgrade With SUMP UK

Andrew in the UK does nice work with hardware.

SUMP UK | Facebook

sump uk buckle.jpg

Back
Top Bottom