Buddy or a group of divers to spearfish with in New Jersey (maybe Long Island)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adriani99

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone,
I am an open water diver with about 60 dives and I would like to start spearfishing.
I am looking for someone who has done it before, and has experience with the sport. My regular buddy wants to do it, but he also has never done it before, and I don’t believe in “learning the hard way”.

I prefer shore dives since boat trips are kind of expensive (for my budget), and I would like to go maybe once a week or more as the water temperature will go up.

I dive semidry 7mm, with single 80cc and 40cc pony.
I guess I could go up to one 120cc if I need to.
I have a drysuit, but I would like to do about 20-30 dives at Dutch Springs before I take it in the ocean.

I would love to hear about a club or a group of divers that are doing this on regular basis.

I live central/northern New Jersey, and I assume I need to drive a little to the diving sites.

I can be contacted directly at:

adriani99@yahoo.com

Hello everyone,
I am an open water diver with about 60 dives and I would like to start spearfishing.
I am looking for someone who has done it before, and has experience with the sport. My regular buddy wants to do it, but he also has never done it before, and I don’t believe in “learning the hard way”.

I prefer shore dives since boat trips are kind of expensive (for my budget), and I would like to go maybe once a week or more as the water temperature will go up.

I dive semidry 7mm, with single 80cc and 40cc pony.
I guess I could go up to one 120cc if I need to.
I have a drysuit, but I would like to do about 20-30 dives at Dutch Springs before I take it in the ocean.

I would love to hear about a club or a group of divers that are doing this on regular basis.

I live central/northern New Jersey, and I assume I need to drive a little to the diving sites.

I can be contacted directly at:

adriani99@yahoo.com

If you can make it to the Ocean Wreck Divers Flea Market in Tom's River, NJ on Sunday Feb 19 you can meet a lot of the local divers and find someone to team up with.

Jeff, I went to the scuba flea market, but everyone was busy buying and selling stuff. No one wanted to make friends with me :dork2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom