Buddy positioning - GUE/DIR/IANTD practice and rules

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife would kill me.

Lol - I had that once and got the certification to say "See I Am Safe Now - I have the Cert..." I got no grief on spending money for that cert. :D

You guys are kidding right? My wife has been helping me gear up for solo dives since the first week we were married. I had to teach her what I needed done and checked and what piece of gear did what and why I needed/wanted it. That was 40 years ago she'd rollover laughing if I showed her a solo diver card with my name on it! She's a right smart dive tender these days she even helps my buddies when I buddy dive.

I don't get the comment in an early post about side by side position being a disadvantage in low vis conditions. In 3' vis if my buddy is at my fins I can't see him. Maybe low vis to some is 40', I remember getting an apology for "only 40'vis" in NC. So it must be relative.

That would not work for me--and my wife is from Basking Ridge.

---------- Post added December 12th, 2014 at 09:47 AM ----------

You guys are kidding right? My wife has been helping me gear up for solo dives since the first week we were married. ...

Hmmm. What's your life insurance situation?

Back
Top Bottom