Bugs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rye_a

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My family and I are heading to Bonaire on Saturday and I’m trying to decide how much and what kind of repellent to bring. Can anyone tell me how buggy it currently is in Bonaire?

There's mosquitos for sure, our legs are getting bit when we go to places with little breeze. Not much else besides that.

Repel 100 works great. If you can, take a thermacell.

I had great luck with Badger bug spray.

I never take my dive socks off or else my ankles will look like a warzone, bites on top of bites.

Repel 100 works great. If you can, take a thermacell.
Thanks. I'm thinking of bringing a Thermacell to use on our patio and to put under the table when we go to dinners.

Make sure you don't try carrying on the cartridges on the plane. Put in checked luggage

We sat around the kite surfing beach one day and our legs got all bit up. Not sure if there are some type of sand fleas too, or what.

Plenty of mozzies. I'm a fan of Deep Woods Off. Interesting, I didn't use any this trip and got 2 bites in 14 days. My squad did not fare so well, even wearing bug spray. I buy the econo size, buy little 2 oz spray bottles off Amazon and pack maybe 3 little bottles. Keep 1 in my handbag and 1 in truck glove box at all times.

Just got back after a glamorous two weeks. Every morning from o dark thirty until about 0730 I was on the open porch reading the paper and emails. Seemed to me the skeeters weren't too bad and clocked out around sunrise but their coworkers the midges/no see ums/ flying teeth stuck around for a little longer until they knocked off for the daylight hours. they were both ready to start back up at sunset, but skin so soft worked a treat. If we forgot it when we went to dinner the industrial OFF with extra carcinogens Mrs Nettles is armed with for emergencies was pressed into service and saved us from being devoured.

It was pretty dry and I've seen it worse, but not using something would have been a large error.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom